TwoToneDetect Audio Quality Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiapass00

I need some help troubleshooting audio quality issues, if someone has the patience. I am running three separate instances of Two Tone Detect/Broadcastify on three different Raspberry Pis, using the TTD image. Everything is running smoothly, but one instance has terrible (and varying) audio quality. Each setup is using a different radio but same configuration, same pi version, same sound card, etc. I've tried tinkering with the volume, and I've tried tinkering with the variables in the TTD software like the bitrate. But the tone comes in horrifically high pitched and the audio is sometimes muffled. The same radio worked without issue using ScannerCast on a windows laptop for years (moved it off of there because it was still running Windows XP...). Can anyone give me some ideas of what I can check next?

DC31

Feed Provider
It sounds to me like a radio/cable/sound card/power supply issue rather than anything in the software. Maybe even just the audio cable connection. If you haven’t already, try swapping all the hardware devices around to isolate which one it may be. It may just be a compatibility issue between that radio and the pi. Make a recording of your tone set with Audacity. Plug your phone into the audio cable in place of the radio, then play the tone set for troubleshooting.

goodian

Feed Provider
Is it possibly overdriven? Usually the audio would be very loud but distorted. Maybe turn the incoming audio down about 50% and try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.