Audio Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

zl2taw

Just wondering if anybody could recommend an audio recorder to use with HF ?
I guess a vox activated one, will not be practical as I have the squelch on the Kenwood R-5000 all the time

What do you use ?

SCPD

QRT
Just wondering if anybody could recommend an audio recorder to use with HF ?
I guess a vox activated one, will not be practical as I have the squelch on the Kenwood R-5000 all the time

What do you use ?

Buy a SDR. :D

PS. I use Audacity to record stuff from my SDR. I can make WAV, MP3s and just about any format of audio file. Very nice and priced just right. ;)

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Last edited:

majoco

Stirrer
ScanRec - works well - stereo too so I put WWVH on one channel and the received audio on the other.

Token

ScanRec - works well - stereo too so I put WWVH on one channel and the received audio on the other.

I also use Scan Rec, but you should not need WWV/H in the other channel, ScanRec generates a text file that notes the clock time vs record time every time the trigger level is exceeded and it starts to record the audio. All you have to do is compare the audio playback time of the point of interest to that file and you should have the time tag. It also notes if the right or left channel is what triggered it to start record.

That way I can put two freqs in from different radios (one in the left channel, one in the right) and monitor/record them both at the same time in one recording, and still have time tags of when each event occurred.

Unless you are recording things running many minutes per transmission, like say a BC station, then WWV/H in the unused channel makes perfect sense. THat way you don't have to do the math to work back from the start point to the current point in the audio.

T!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.