DSDPlus Audio Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reconrider

Is it possible to only record audio for certain TGIDS? I don't want to record everything that comes through my state system because it's a lot of stuff, and I would rather not lockout everything but those few things I want to record only that of.

Thanks

a417

U+0000
I don't believe you can do that internal to DSD+ FL, is runing a second instance unreasonable?

I have a housekeeping script that runs every night at 0200 that deletes mp3s under 2k (usually key blips, kerchunks or errors (or the CAP+ bug recordings) as well as manages older recordings of TGIDs that I've already identified... you could easily make a script that deletes recordings that don't match and keeps only the ones you want.

slicerwizard

Haven't seen any way with one dongle to record some groups while monitoring more groups. I'd use a second dongle and run DSD+ with a monitoring threshold that only passes the groups I want to record.

Reconrider

I don't believe you can do that internal to DSD+ FL, is runing a second instance unreasonable?

I have a housekeeping script that runs every night at 0200 that deletes mp3s under 2k (usually key blips, kerchunks or errors (or the CAP+ bug recordings) as well as manages older recordings of TGIDs that I've already identified... you could easily make a script that deletes recordings that don't match and keeps only the ones you want.
I can make a second instance of dsd+, just have to close the main one though. I only have 2 sdrs until the store near me gets them in.
I don't know enough coding to actually make that type of script, so I'll have to manually delete in the afternoon before bed which is okay with me.

Haven't seen any way with one dongle to record some groups while monitoring more groups. I'd use a second dongle and run DSD+ with a monitoring threshold that only passes the groups I want to record.

I have 2 sdrs. Is the monitor threshold the priority numbers? I tried playing with it, but I messed it up super bad and lost everything when I tried playing with it lol

a417

U+0000
I have 2 sdrs. Is the monitor threshold the priority numbers? I tried playing with it, but I messed it up super bad and lost everything when I tried playing with it lol
Set it to record only the groups you want, and lock the rest out.

a417

U+0000
on the second instance of DSD+ FL, not the one that gets (as you put it)...
everything that comes through my state system because it's a lot of stuff,
you lock out all the TGIDs you don't want to record, and only enable the ones you want to record.

To be honest, i'd probably also disable audio output for the second instance and only tell it to record, so that would mean dsdplus -o0 -PTmp3 (and then the rest) so you wouldn't have two instances of DSDplus trying to feed you the same audio when that recorded TGID hit.

slicerwizard

on the second instance of DSD+ FL you lock out all the TGIDs you don't want to record, and only enable the ones you want to record.
No, that would require maintaining separate DSD+ folders.

Just raise the priority of the recording talkgroups to 30 and set the monitoring threshold to match. Use 1R.bat for the "monitor everything" copy and 1Ra.bat for "just record these groups". Everything runs fine in the same folder.

Reconrider

on the second instance of DSD+ FL, not the one that gets (as you put it)...

you lock out all the TGIDs you don't want to record, and only enable the ones you want to record.

To be honest, i'd probably also disable audio output for the second instance and only tell it to record, so that would mean dsdplus -o0 -PTmp3 (and then the rest) so you wouldn't have two instances of DSDplus trying to feed you the same audio when that recorded TGID hit.
I'm not sure why I would need 2 instances running. I have the normal way running it(i think normal no idea) with the 2 fmp24 and 2 dsdplus.exe files for the tcp listening stuff.

I'm new to dsdplus so i'm not sure all this technical stuff is being said correctly by me.

slicerwizard

You don't need two FMP24's and two DSD+'s to monitor a trunking system. One FMP24 and one DSD+ works fine.

It's in the Notes.txt file:

Single-dongle monitoring:

To use a single device, run the 1R.bat file to start DSD+,
then run the appropriate batch file for your device:

DVB-T dongle: FMP24-CC.bat

Airspy: FMPA-CC.bat

SDRPLay: FMPP-CC.bat

If you have a second SDR device, you can run the 1Ra.bat file and the appropriate FMPx-VC.bat
file and simultaneously monitor a second trunking system or site or conventional channel(s).

Reconrider

You don't need two FMP24's and two DSD+'s to monitor a trunking system. One FMP24 and one DSD+ works fine.

It's in the Notes.txt file:

Single-dongle monitoring:

To use a single device, run the 1R.bat file to start DSD+,
then run the appropriate batch file for your device:

DVB-T dongle: FMP24-CC.bat

Airspy: FMPA-CC.bat

SDRPLay: FMPP-CC.bat

If you have a second SDR device, you can run the 1Ra.bat file and the appropriate FMPx-VC.bat
file and simultaneously monitor a second trunking system or site or conventional channel(s).
Oh that makes sense.
I kept reading how using a single sdr for a trunk system was slower than using 2 sdrs because the 1 sdr has to go to the cc after every voice call is over

Status
Not open for further replies.