Audio with UniTrunker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE5HOB

If I decide to tap my Pro-433 and use UniTrunker, will I still be able to get audio from my scanner, or can I only listen to the radio when not using UniTrunker? I know its a n00b question, but I guess I am a n00b!

Airdorn

If you scan the system, it will decode to unitrunker just fine. But when your scanner finds a talkgroup and monitors it, the control channel will be replaced by the conversation, adn unitrunker will stop decoding.

When the conversation is over, the control channel returns and unitrunker will decode once again.

You can get a second scanner, use your tapped scanner to run unitrunker and just leave it on the control channel, and use the second scanner for audio... it being controlled by unitrunker.

K4OC

Premium Subscriber
KE5HOB said:
If I decide to tap my Pro-433 and use UniTrunker, will I still be able to get audio from my scanner, or can I only listen to the radio when not using UniTrunker? I know its a n00b question, but I guess I am a n00b!

When using UT you will not be able to listen to anything. You can turn up the audio however you will only hear control channel so turn it down. UT needs control channel audio from discriminator tap to work properly. BTW, make sure you couple the audio from the discriminator output to the cable your are using to either connect to the jack you are installing on the back of the scanner or the cable that will just come out the back of the scanner. (like I did :()

When you want to use your scanner like normal then unplug the discriminator tap audio cable from the pc or back of the scanner (depending on method installed) and use the scanner like normal. Some people have a jack on the back of their scanner for the tap and some people like me were lazy and have a full time cable coming out the back of their scanner that plugs into their pc for the tap audio.
I might go back and redo mine and install a jack so I can just unplug from the jack and not have to have a cable dangling around all the time. The scanner I use is dedicated for discriminator tap anyway.

Anyway just more info . Their is great info on the WIKI on this site.

Sam Cederas
K4OC
Raleigh, N.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.