audio3 outage - 12/8/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Joined
Dec 9, 2000
Messages
9,419
Location
San Antonio, TX
Good morning folks.

Audio3 has been experiencing a DOS (denial of service) attack - to mitigate the issue we've failed over to a hot standby and implemented firewalling procedures to mitigate the problem.

The failover will take a couple hours to completely propagate the new DNS information across the Internet. However we're already seeing feeds coming back online on the new server so it will be a gradual process.

Thanks,
 

SenorMoofer

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
16
Location
Kentucky
Good morning folks.

Audio3 has been experiencing a DOS (denial of service) attack - to mitigate the issue we've failed over to a hot standby and implemented firewalling procedures to mitigate the problem.

The failover will take a couple hours to completely propagate the new DNS information across the Internet. However we're already seeing feeds coming back online on the new server so it will be a gradual process.

Thanks,
Thanks for the quick action. Keep up the good work!
 

Mylan

Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
466
Location
Wheeling, WV
I have to manually reconnect my feed when it goes down.... I just tried and it is still not connecting. ..Can someone possibly post to this thread when the audio3 is back in business or we are otherwise good to go. Thanks in advance!
 

n0nhp

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
732
Location
Grand Junction
Audio 3 has been working for me for 4 or more hours, I did find that I had to change the DNS server on my feed machine to get the new IP address.
Changing to the Google server 8.8.4.4 resolved the problem immediately. My router (which the server was pointing to) using my ISP's DNS server would not resolve to the new address. Rather than bomb my working feed with re-assigning the DNS server in the router, I just pointed the computer at the new server and connected on the first try.

Bruce
.
 

Rob_K

Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2009
Messages
221
Location
Tolland County, CT
No dice here either. Flushed dns and did serveral nslookups against different dns servers and all resolved same ip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
 

Scan-Denver

Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
1,547
Location
Denver, CO - USA
So my feed (Denver Police, Fire, & EMS) is also on the audio 3 server. I had to re-populate the server information in RadioFeed client (RadioFeed does this automatically by entering in your login info) and it started working again (6:17PM Denver Time).
 

Rob_K

Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2009
Messages
221
Location
Tolland County, CT
Try pinging audio3.broadcastify.com. my feed was pointed to radioreference. I did a auto configuration again, it went to broadcastify and then connected ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
 

jawnah

Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
12
For someone that is showing that the server is up and responding, can you ping the address you're using and let me know? I'm getting 174.37.110.68 and I can't ping the server. I cannot connect to the service port either but I can connect without a problem to audio1:

root@radio:/home/x# nc -v -w 10 audio3.radioreference.com 80
nc: connect to audio3.radioreference.com port 80 (tcp) timed out: Operation now in progress
root@radio:/home/x# nc -v -w 10 audio1.radioreference.com 80
Connection to audio1.radioreference.com 80 port [tcp/http] succeeded!

Thanks for any help!
 

jawnah

Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
12
Not the reply I was expecting but I definitely appreciate it. I hadn't noticed that my technicals had changed to broadcastify.com. My feeds back up now. Thanks!
 

Rob_K

Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2009
Messages
221
Location
Tolland County, CT
Excellent. Sorry I could not ping from phone to tell you. I guess they didn't update dns for old rr domain name.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
 

jj358mhz

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Sep 28, 2005
Messages
12
Location
Berkeley, CA
It seems as if they changed the domain (radioreference --> broadcastify) at some point. This caused me an extra 3-4 hours of downtime
 

Rob_K

Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2009
Messages
221
Location
Tolland County, CT
It seems as if they changed the domain (radioreference --> broadcastify) at some point. This caused me an extra 3-4 hours of downtime
My feeds are run off an HP thin client and I have the write filter enabled. Anytime I reboot, it reverts back to original config. I only reboot it once a year and I haven't updated the config in at least 3 years. Next time I reboot, it's going to revert back to RR domain name and I'll need to remember why it won't connect!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top