August OKC Area Scanner Dinner Meet

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommShrek

phil_smith said:
it was 147.045 btw, but it was well before the late, late show with WX5LIB. :D

Yep...well...the last episode of the late show with that guy was last night/early this morning. Now it's on to some R&R and some projects around the house. Maybe I should put in a late show station here at home? Several folks have already suggested that.

I could probably guess the callsigns of the people involved in that cow pie discussion. I won't though. Anyway, the late show crowd moved to greener pastures. :) They'll make due just fine, they were there before I was. ;)

mam1081

Feed Provider
CommShrek said:
A lot of us have moved off of the local repeaters and now talk on various freq's using simplex since we had some "CB'ers" visit us. Who needs that?

Ya know, there are benefits to going P25 (most CB type people will stop listening and using your repeater if they keep hearing the "buzzing"). It's amusing the first few weeks you have it up to hear them complain about the noise. :p

P25 can be mixed mode and simplex too.

Add: We don't use P25 to keep up separate from anyone wanting to use our repeater. If someone IDs in analog, we swap our radios into that mode to keep (analog) interoperability going!

Last edited:

jrplmil

I am not saying it but my wife keeps telling me all the nuts live east of 35. I wobt say much about cb-ers as when the code was dropped we got a lot of them anyway. I guess I will just stay around 10.100 and listen to the dots and dashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.