AUGUSTA CO. P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcgrotz

Must be a fill-in site, Google has it in the valley west of Elliot Knob where they already have a site. I see a likely cell tower there at Deerfield. I know they have had consultants in checking out their sites for microwave upgrades. See their main license KDA670. Thanks for the heads-up.

W4UVV

Maybe near the county library or Correctional Center?

Must be a fill-in site, Google has it in the valley west of Elliot Knob where they already have a site. I see a likely cell tower there at Deerfield. I know they have had consultants in checking out their sites for microwave upgrades. See their main license KDA670. Thanks for the heads-up.

I also have seen that on the other license and doing a Google search. I wasn't sure exactly where it.was. It may have been on the county library property or maybe near the Deerfield C. C. The control for this license is in Verona.

John

W4UVV

gcgrotz

Consider that the towers on Elliot are down on the east side from the peak because of quiet zone restrictions and you can see why they would need a fill in to the west. It looked like there was a tower at the location listed, most likely someone's cell tower.

The 3 mountaintop sites are linked via microwave to the office in Verona, this Deerfield site is probably telco. I haven't been out that way in years but I know I guy that works out that way.

I can say for sure that the county is planning to upgrade that system soon one way or another.

ScanWV

Premium Subscriber
Augusta county has placed a tower in Deerfield. Once that is online they will switch to narrowband.
If I remember correctly they received an extension till next year on the requirement.
I have not heard of any plans to go to P25 or any other upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.