N. Augusta PD , I dont want to buy the 996T if the BC785D or BC796D w/ APCO 25

card will work, Thanks

N8IAA

BlackBart said:
Does anyone know which baud rate N. Augusta PD uses ? 3600 or 9600

I currently have a bearcat BCT8 scanner and want to upgrade so I can monitor

N. Augusta PD , I dont want to buy the 996T if the BC785D or BC796D w/ APCO 25

card will work, Thanks

Being that it is mixed analog and digital, the baud rate should be 3600. Augusta has two CC's: *860.7325 (main), 859.9375 (secondary). N. Augusta also has two CC's: *860.7325(main), 859.7325 (secondary). The fact that it is a multisite, you will have to enter the CC's for each site in separate banks. Also, the TG's are analog, so, you can use yur BCT8 to monitor them. Whatever else that you want to monitor, that is digital, you will need a digital scanner. The 796 would be a better choice for your needs. Me, I use a Pro-96 when listening to the Palmetto 800 when visiting our friend's cabin in Elbert Co.
Larry

BlackBart

Augusta , N. Augusta Area

Thanks Larry,

I currently listen to Augusta , but N. Augusta is operating on digital and I just did not
want to get a scanner with 3600 baud only to find out that they use 9600.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Ae you referring to general traffic on the North Augusta Palmetto 800 site being digital, or are you referring to a particular agency with jurisdiction in North Augusta, like Aiken Co SD?

I don't see any talkgroups listed specifically for North Augusta PD or FD. Does NAPD still use their UHF frequency, 453.750/118.8 PL?

BlackBart

I am referring to N. Augusta DPS, I dont have any talk group numbers but have the
freqs. installed and when PD is on the air I hear nothing but static. I can hear public
works clear but not PD.

I dont have Aiken County programmed because I also listen to Augusta PD and it is so
constant that you just cant monitor anything else.

N. Augusta does not use the UHF any longer, I have 453.750 on my BC210 along with Columbia County which
is still on VHF and I have not heard any traffic on the UHF freq. since they went 800.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.