Aural Studio Transmitter Link???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
On the hunt for any info on a 940 mhz Aural Studio Transmitter Link frequency I am coming up short. I am searching because I suspect my rtl-sdr is receiving an image of the actual frequency on 947.37500mhz. It is has identified as KOKC AM 1520. Could this be Aural Studio Transmitter Link?? Tyler media FCC search is not listing 947.375 at all.

The nearest frequency is 947.5000mhz for a 285KF8E emission type (285khz max bandwidth FM Voice). No data rate listed. I see no signal on 947.5000mhz. Could they be off frequency?

SCPD

QRT
If you have Google Earth get this tool.
FCCInfo - Now on Google Earth!
You can enable a layer for 950 MHz broadcast microwave. It shows the paths and the icons have links to all the data and FCC licenses.

Thanks. I checked the website out and did a manual search there and it came up quicker. It's a faster consolidated result with direct from FCC information. I am now beginning to think maybe since I am located away from the microwave signal path it may be a slight phase shift causing the received frequency to be lower than 460.500mhz down 125khz. That is just speculation. I did scan 10 mhz above and below and found KQCV's Aural Studio Transmitter Link but not another KOKC 1520 AM Tyler Media ASTL.

Edit
I have to add that it will sound horrible on a analogue scanner. It is perfect with a 192khz audio bandpass. An SDR will allow that wide bandwidth of audio.

Last edited:

nd5y

TI am now beginning to think maybe since I am located away from the microwave signal path it may be a slight phase shift causing the received frequency to be lower than 460.500mhz down 125khz.
That's not possible. It's more likely that your SDR dongle is off frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.