Aurora Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
EB I-70 to SB E-470 Sable and AFD onscene now requesting a DGH amb (Amb-3) and supervisor (EMS-30) emergent, don't hear that much.

O/F Den-800, Aur-800, DTRS, Online

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Aurora U/D: 2 vehicles very heavy damage and fire, extrication continues and more M/A resources requested.

Sky Fox Live also

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
All lanes on westbound Interstate 70 are back open after a semi-tractor trailer hit multiple vehicles just west of the E-470 overpass.

The Colorado State Patrol said that at least six vehicles were hit by the semi in the western part of Aurora, including another semi.

At least one vehicle caught fire as a result of the crash.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/17132094/detail.html

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
DATE: 8-8-08
TIME: 8:35 P.M.

On 8-8-08 at approximately 8:24 A.M. Troopers responded to the westbound lanes of I-70 just west of E-470.

All vehicles were westbound on I-70. Traffic was being diverted into the right lane by the Colorado Department of Transportation due to an accident investigation approximately one mile ahead.
A gray 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer had just entered onto I-70 from E-470 and moved into the right lane. A blue 2007 International truck tractor pulling a semi trailer collided with the rear of the trailblazer, then struck the rear of a white 2004 Chevrolet Venture van. The International continued westbound and was involved with/ initiated multiple other impacts. A silver 2000 Ford Windstar van spun and its left side went into the rear of a red
2002 Freightliner truck tractor, which spun the Freightliner off the right side of the interstate. The final impact was when the front of a silver Toyota Tundra pick up truck struck the rear of a trailer that was being pulled by a red 2002 Dodge pick up truck.

The restrained driver of the blue International has been identified as Neil B. Jerue, 38 of St. George, UT. Jerue sustained no injuries and was not transported.
The restrained passenger within the International has been identified as Alice D. McCammon, 34 of St. George, UT. McCammon sustained no injuries.
The restrained driver of the gray Chevy Trailblazer has been identified as Jason T. Rhodes, 33 of Brighton, CO. Rhodes sustained serious injuries and was airlifted and transported to the burn unit at University.
The restrained driver of the white Chevy Venture van has been identified as Brett A. Elliott, 37 of Bennett, CO. Elliott sustained minor injuries and was transported by ambulance to Aurora South.
The restrained driver of the silver Ford Windstar has been identified as Dianne T. Gonzales, 53 of Bennett, CO. Gonzales sustained serious injuries and was transported to Aurora South.
The restrained driver of the red Freightliner has been identified as Rito
Diaz- Alvarrado, 64 of Denver, CO. Diaz-Avarrado sustained no injuries.
The restrained driver of the silver Toyota Tundra has been identified as Mark A. Pokorny, 44 of Arvada, CO. Pokorny sustained minor injuries and was transported to Aurora South.
The restrained passenger within the Toyota has been identified as Benjamin Pokorny, 5 of Arvada, CO. Pokorny sustained no injuries but was transported to Aurora South for precautionary purposes.
The driver of the red Dodge pick up truck has been identified as William H.
McFarland, 54 of Parker, CO. McFarland sustained no injuries.

Alcohol, drugs and speed are not suspected as contributing factors, however inattentive to driving is suspected.
Charges are pending at this time.
This incident is still under investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.