Aurora EDACS missing TGs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently programmed my 396XT with Aurora EDACS system. Sounds good.

But I noticed that several of the programmed talkgroups never popup, even when I know there is activity on them.

For example;
Nothing on any District 3 channel. Not dispatch, not TAC channels. Nothing at all related to district 3.
No TAC 22. TAC 21 coming in fine.
Nothing on SWAT, Intelligence, Gang, or Jail (although Detentions comes though)
No traffic enforcement in any district

Anyone else notice this, or is it me?

The system programmed is working with all of these TG copied and pasted in, just some work, and some don't. I have 20 LCN frequencies in as well.

Last edited:

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
It's you. :)
Seriously, they're not necessarily all that active. When you say, "even when I know there is activity on them," what are you seeing to tell you that?
You might need to do some long-term listening to hear many of those TGs. Anything other than dispatch 1 & 2, TAC 11 & 21,and the services channels aren't all that busy.

Ok, maybe I'm wrong. Let's look at this.

District 3 which covers about 100,000 people never dispatches a unit or has any activity for 2 days on any channel? Must be a nice part of town.

3 different units are called to TAC 22. One of them comes on to TAC 21 and tries to acknowledge the other units, then is informed to go to TAC 22 by dispatch. Then... nothing.

No traffic enforcement police unit in a city of 319,257 people ever needs to use the radio in 2 days? Really?

I don't think lack of traffic is the problem.

It might be me, but it's certainly not because nobody is talking.

Anything other than dispatch 1 & 2, TAC 11 & 21,and the services channels aren't all that busy.

I concur. NOTHING but those channels ever come up.
But your statement is very revealing. You're not getting anything that I'm not getting. Are we to believe that nobody in district 3 has keyed a mic on any channel in more than 48 hours? Either the TGIDs are not right, or we're missing something in the programming. Thoughts?

Last edited:

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Do you use Unitrunker at all? If so, have you tried running it to log all the system activity?

I have been listening to Aurora for the last hour and I have only heard tfc on APD 1, APD 2 and AFD 1. I did hear someone briefly key up on APD 3, but they didn't say anything and the signal was pretty noisy...

Last edited:
No unitrunker here. Just listening.

No activity in district 3 in an hour? A mic key? Sure it's not data of some sort?

Something can't be right here.

I'm glad you folks responded. At least I know that others listening to the same thing are getting the same thing. I'm starting to think that there are some TGID issues with Aurora EDACS.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
I'm getting ready to hit the rack, but can leave Unitrunker running to log and check it in the morning...

FYI - I did just hear 325, but I was listening to the feed, so I don't know if he was on 3 or not...

Last edited:

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Nothing on any District 3 channel. Not dispatch, not TAC channels. Nothing at all related to district 3.

District 3 activity is on the District 2 talkgroups. Budget constraints. They do not have dispatchers to man those Talkgroups.

No TAC 22. TAC 21 coming in fine.

Tac's are incrementally used. Don't expect to hear Tac x2's or x3's unless there are multiple incidents occurring simultaneously

Nothing on SWAT, Intelligence, Gang, or Jail No traffic enforcement in any district

These Talkgroups are Pro-Voice digital and cannot be monitored. No scanners are capable of decoding this digital format.

Hey thanks a lot folks!

Yeah I started to think that maybe dist 3 was on dist 2 because I eventually heard some addresses being recited on 2 that are in 3.

In any case, I can now say that I have successfully programmed a system, because the other stuff is not my fault. Thanks again folks.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
While we are on the topic, I logged a couple of "unknowns" (which I'm sure someone else has also)

14-153 (Fitz?)
13-054 (Mutual Aid Channel cross-patch?)

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
I'd heard that 3 was on 2, but I didn't want to repeat a rumor without verification. Thanks, Phil.
And I wasn't aware of the ProVoice TGs... Again, thanks, Phil.
And lastly, I was wondering if your observation was by logging software or listening. Sorry if I wasn't clear (and I don't think I was.)

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
A combination of TG postings here and Unitrunker showing pro-voice groups as digital as it displays activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.