Aurora FD BC Vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that Aurora's BC vehicles have all changed to Trucks with utility bodies. Does anyone know how they operate out of the vehicles. Is there remote mounted radio control heads in the cabinets with computer screens and such? I just find it odd to operate a command post out of a vehicle like this, but then, maybe they are custom made beds just for this purpose.

Anyone have some insight or photos of these trucks in operation?

Toneslider12

A suburban location near a metropolitan area
David,

Yes, all three Battalion Chief's are operating Ford F-350 4x4's with E-One rescue bodies. Arson 1 and Fleet 2 have similar vehicles as well. The idea is new in Colorado but has been used in other areas for a while now. The rigs have more room for the Chief's bunker gear and airpack they also carry more rehab supplies and the rear compartment features a slide-out tray with spare air bottles for the crews. Each side has an awning that can be pulled out if needed. The driver's side middle compartment does have a radio head or two with David Clark headset and a white board for resource tracking. I wouldn't be surprised to see neighboring departments going to a similar spec in the future.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:

Toneslider12

A suburban location near a metropolitan area
Lastly, a photo of Battalion 1's ride with 20 spare SCBA bottles... That's enough to replace bottles for an entire first alarm of firefighters, in addition to the extra's they keep on the Engines / Trucks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.