Aurora Grass Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROOFLIFECO

Premium Subscriber
(About 30 Minutes Ago) - Aurora Reservoir on Quincy and Powhatton Road

Aurora, Cunningham, Sable-Altura, Parker and South Metro Fire Departments are on scene of a grass fire that was appx 10+ acres without access available. Had to let the fire burn its way towards them in order to gain access for suppression.

Aurora - Engine 10, Engine 12, Engine 13, Engine 15, Rescue 14, Tender 5, Brush Truck 12, Brush Truck 8, Battalion 3

Cunningham - Brush 61, Brush 62, Battalion 6

Sable-Altura - Brush 430, Tender 440

Parker - Brush 71, Tender 71, Brush 74

South Metro - 2 Brush Trucks (unk which units)

Staging at Quincy and Powhatton. AFD Battalion 3 is in command of the incident on Tac-3.

I live about 2 miles from this incident and the smoke is all the way over here and almost too thick to see through!

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Jordan, actually started about 2200hrs, see thunderstorm thread, then expanded into two seperate fires and thats when lots more mutual aid was requested and ops were spread between ch tac 3 and 4.

Batt Chief 32 from South Metro was also on scene as one sector command and at one point command requested brush trucks from DFD? Bennett and Rattlesnake were also there with brush trucks and I believe a tender.

Some FERN but never heard use a RED SW or a Mac Ch.

Jim<

Last edited:

FiremanSparky

Jordan, actually started about 2200hrs, see thunderstorm thread, then expanded into two seperate fires and thats when lots more mutual aid was requested and ops were spread between ch tac 3 and 4.

Batt Chief 32 from South Metro was also on scene as one sector command and at one point command requested brush trucks from DFD? Bennett and Rattlesnake were also there with brush trucks and I believe a tender.

Some FERN but never heard use a RED SW or a Mac Ch.

Jim<

Isn't interoperability wonderful? I know of at least three attempts on that incident to get everyone on Red SE but.......

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.