Aurora, IL - Equipment helps Aurora monitor radio system performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squad10

The main complaint I've heard is missed and garbled repeat audio between portable radios. Digital echo between close proximity portables is a pita but not unique to OpenSky. Communication between dispatch and portables seems ok most of the time. Users do not like the digital sound of receive audio.

Wonder who's paying for the equipment and time in attempt to identify system problems. I doubt RFI is causing system problems.

ilgrant

Public documents show that Naperville was making "significant progress" in resolving their interference issues as well. Got to hand it to them...they are definitely proactive in making it work.

officerdave

Retired LEO
trust me Naperville/Aurora radio folks are out everday working on the system. In house tech people have been very pro active with issues. New firmware upgrade for the portables comming soon. It should allow more fluid tower hand offs. OpenSky good or bad is not going away, so at least I am glad that our tech guys are staying on top of issues and working with Harris daily. Not sure who pays for the test gear at the tower sites and the mobile ones, forgot to ask my contact. I do know for fact that a site in Aurora was deaf because of the noise getting into the RX from a way out of tune FM tansmitter on a tower in Naperville. The journey continues.......

Squad10

I do know for fact that a site in Aurora was deaf because of the noise getting into the RX from a way out of tune FM tansmitter on a tower in Naperville. The journey continues.......

Do you know who owns the way out of tune FM transmitter on a tower in Naperville you mention?

officerdave

Retired LEO
Not sure of owner of tower but my understanding is that the Naperville/Aurora guys got the issue resolved with the station owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.