Aurora PD Zebra Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfab

Anyone know what the Aurora PD "Zebra" cars are?

Also does anyone have a link to the Aurora wiki page? The paged linked in the database is an empty page.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Also does anyone have a link to the Aurora wiki page? The paged linked in the database is an empty page.

Some of the Aurora information is listed under the Arapahoe County (CO) wiki page. A lot of agency specific information won't be found on the trunked system page since those are more reserved for talking about the radio system.

As for the Zebra unit, I can't tell you as they aren't one of my primary agencies I monitor. Sorry about that.

dw2872

Aurora PD "Zebra" call signs

Aurora PD "Zebra" call signs are the APD Crimes Against Children (CAC) detectives.

Some go back and forth with the APD Major Crimes Unit (MCU - for homicides, etc) and they have APD "Henry" call signs, so you may hear the same radio IDs that sometimes have either call sign.

Can be a little confusing when listening to surrounding agencies such as Denver, who use "Henry" call signs for parking enforcement and "Zebra" for Vice.

AceWeb

Perhaps their "Zebra" designation / definition for some units changed? Over the last several days there are a flood of Zebra cars handling regular calls (noise complaints, regular traffic stops, etc) that appear to be in no relation to the CAC/MCU explanation provided above.

dw2872

Yes you are correct. I was just told by PD that they had to add all those due to a glitch in their CAD system. But what I said earlier applied before this big glitch.

AceWeb

Understood, thank you! Hope they can fix it soon as you can tell how much they "love" the elongated call-signs, especially for XXX-Adam-Zebra units. :)

dw2872

Exactly. It's the "Adam Zebra" cars that are new because of the CAD glitch. It is only temporary. Or at least they hope! Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.