Aurora PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfab

Anyone else notice that Aurora PD no longer gives the time at the end of their transmissions? I've never heard of an agency not giving times.

BTW, what's the reason for giving the time all the time?

Thanks!

comm_manager

I can’t speak to APD and what they are or are not doing. Giving the time however, is immensely helpful if tape of radio transmissions has to be pulled to reconstruct an event. On the recording systems that I am familiar with (Stancil, Voice Print) time stamps are not digitally encoded with each transmission block - therefore having the dispatcher verbally give a time stamp indicates when the transmission was made or received.

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
If they've gone to a computer-based digital recording system, you don't need it. The computer gives each transmission a unique identifier, with date/time/channel as part of the ID.

comm_manager

In some systems - very true. The dig system in my comm center - not so. Although I wouldnt be surprised if that is the case with APD.

Troop

I think it just boils down to who's running the radio....it's not so much for a time stamp as it is to "clear the channel"

AceWeb

Hi,

I did notice it change over a month ago with them not giving the time stamp (or very very rarely). The digital time stamp system, if that is the case, makes sense. The AFD still does the time stamps.

Status
Not open for further replies.