Aurora "Rescue"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffTurner

Just curious, and I apologize for commenting so late...

Why would AFD be doing a "trial" for their "Rescue's" that aren't Rescue's.? Didn't we do that in the 80's and 90's and they got rid of them? Those weren't transport vehicles then either...

If they want to keep Engines in service, how about not sending them to stupid stuff... Like the Toe Fx or the Headache x3 days or the CP for x7 days...

Are their Medics still on the Engine? So, if 4's goes... They get 3 Medics, plus the one on the RM Ambulance, right?

just trying to understand.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Yes and yes long discussion on Zello about this the other night. Sounds like the goal of the rescue program is to reduce the ALS engine response on alpha, bravo calls but from the sounds of it the engine response is still going.

Med-2 is an EMS supervisor and usually only works day shift.

Jim<

JeffTurner

Thanks Jim... I'm glad that they are trying to reduce that...

I'm not sure what Zello is... I've been out of the game too long I guess...

:)

Toneslider12

A suburban location near a metropolitan area
The 6 month trial period was completed at the end of 2013. I spoke with AFD's PIO last week and both Rescues have been approved for full time staffing. In fact, an academy is going through RMFA right now to boost staffing to accommodate both full time rescues.

Aurora doesn't use MPDS to classify ALS vs BLS calls. The 911 center uses the state EMD system, but Rural Metro has MPDS. The goal is to reduce engine responses but the details of the response are still being determined... i.e. does a Rescue respond to a structure fire if it's nearby etc.

The plan right now is to have Paramedic Rescues and nothing more at this point. While South Metro's "ARM" (Advanced Resource Medic) unit will remain in service with a Paramedic and a Nurse Practitioner. Littleton & West Metro plan to implement similar units to the "ARM" soon.

jfab

I'm assuming these rescues are more like quick response vehicles, not the traditional heavy rescues?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.