Aurora Turn on ProVoice again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDHG4U61

Premium Subscriber
Sounds active and no problems here from N.E Denver & I am Provoice ready when they press the button to switch over.

Thayne

The UPS that ran some Wall-warts died a quiet death, so the multicoupler lost its 12VDC. I'ts funny but DTRS and Denver still came thru while Aurora wouldn't.

All fixed now

RISC777

I can get Denver without an antenna at all, but that's from the area of 70 and Holly, so not too hard. The state TRS comes in pretty strong without an antenna also. Different story from home, of course.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Touchy Subject!

TDHG4U61 said:
Sounds active and no problems here from N.E Denver & I am Provoice ready when they press the button to switch over.
Don't give the controlling agencies a reason.

Drawing attention by publicly posting this gives the ESK advocates, such as the head of Denver's EEB, ammunition to turn ESK on.

Unless you are authorized and have the key programmed in your pro-voice radio by the controlling agency it's not gonna work if they turn ESK on.

Everybody gets screwed as scanners won't work either.

Phil.

Thayne

To me, ProVoice is would be much more of a problem than ESK for the average Joe.

ESK would give us something to do with all those old computers and scanners--As long as you don't go mobile. Then you might be suspected of being Hamsexy:)

TDHG4U61

Premium Subscriber
Okay. sorry to affend anyone on this forum I was just trying to help although it was not long before APCO-25 was made to the public. I thought that as long as I was NOT posted what was said on those sensetive TGs it was alright. I was talking about a computer not a radio that could decode it. Lets enjoy this Fourth Of July and barbeque safe.
I appologize again. Amos

Status
Not open for further replies.