Austin area P25 trunk system 13B on 464.5

ericcarlson

Database Admin
What's the deal with this? Moderate signal strength near the Domain.
464.5 P25 data NAC 131, system ID 13B, WACN DEE00, RFSS 10, Site 1

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
13B almost sounds like a jab at 13E. The fact it's on an itinerant frequency would suggest to me someone is playing with DVM Project (maybe the CenTex Trunking guys).

nd5y

I think there was a thread about that a few years ago. It may not be the same group but there was some ham/whacker group with a trunked system. I think it was in the Austin area on a combination of itinerant, GMRS and ham frequencies. I don't remember exactly and can't find the thread now.

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
I think there was a thread about that a few years ago. It may not be the same group but there was some ham/whacker group with a trunked system. I think it was in the Austin area on a combination of itinerant, GMRS and ham frequencies. I don't remember exactly and can't find the thread now.
Maybe this...

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
Or this...

carcarjg

OpenSky > P25
What's the deal with this? Moderate signal strength near the Domain.
464.5 P25 data NAC 131, system ID 13B, WACN DEE00, RFSS 10, Site 1
Testing site on top of a building at UT. Its freq will be moved in a month or two.

13B almost sounds like a jab at 13E. The fact it's on an itinerant frequency would suggest to me someone is playing with DVM Project (maybe the CenTex Trunking guys).
Finally.... After 2 years.... Someone finally got the joke lol.. (granted I kinda messed it up by not doing DEE09 13B)

carcarjg

OpenSky > P25
Only part 90 freqs as you can't legally link between all three. Plus we use AES on Unit to Unit calls and you can't exactly use that on ham.

carcarjg

OpenSky > P25
Did the FCC license ever get sorted out?
I got told essentially no as far as getting a Trunk itinerant would go Unless I was willing to put a truckload of cash down to argue it. So for now I'll be sticking with the current one, as it does legally cover everything for a small Conv, DVRS, or Single Control channel and Single Voice channel site.

For site 10-1 (the one in question here) however it'll be getting a brand spanking new Trunk lic with 4 channels whenever I get back from dayton+get a tad more cash to cover it. For right now however with it temporarily set up and with 1CC and 1VC the current lic covers it for a limited amount of time.