Austin Condor All Band Or W-801 Regular Gainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramathorne

Austin Condor All Band Or W-801 Regular Gainer Or Diamond RH77CA

I have a PSR500 and want to purchase one or the other above to see if it outperforms my GRE800mhz antenna...I am 8 miles from one tower and 13 miles from the other...Which do you think I should purchase to test???...I listen mostly to 800freq...I know the GRE800mhz works quite well from experience...This is more for experimental purpose and will buy whichever one stands the best chance at better performance...

Last edited:

GTO_04

Neither will outperform the GRE on 800. The Condor is too large to use on the 500 causing it to tip over very easily. I would go with the W-801 if you are choosing between it and the Condor. If you are looking
for a backup antenna I would just get another GRE.

GTO_04

nwiscan

The Condor is too large to use on the 500 causing it to tip over very easily. 4

I have the Condor on a 310 and it seems to work perfectly. Tipping over is not an issue. With the Condor the only issue I see is if your going mobile, its large. But sitting on a table or desk, its fine.

nwiscan

This post got me thinking about the Condor which I have been using with my GRE PSR-310. I did some testing tonight and I see no difference with Condor for the frequencies I monitor. Perhaps slightly better with an 800mhz trunked system I monitor but its minor and not worth the price in my application.

Its extremely bulky as mentioned. Not to the point it tipped my radio though. My concern with it, due to its weight at flexible nature, it might be putting wear on the BNC connector. I cant comment on the other antenna your asking about, but my Condor is back in its packaging and I put the stock antenna back on.

Note: This is my opinion based on what I monitor and where. I have read many positive reviews of the Condor; hence why I purchased it in the first place.

Now I have one to sell or trade.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.