Austin Condor

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
_DeS_ said:
Hey Guys,
Anyone use the Austin Condor Multiband Portable Antenna ? I'm probably going to buy one for my Pro-97 & was curious how other users faired out with it.

Thanks...

It does work very well as an all band scanner antenna. However, it's 13" long and kind of fat, so it may look kind of strange on a scanner when worn on your belt or hand carried. This may or may not be an issue with you.

_DeS_

W4KRR said:
It does work very well as an all band scanner antenna. However, it's 13" long and kind of fat, so it may look kind of strange on a scanner when worn on your belt or hand carried. This may or may not be an issue with you.

Thanks for the info. As far as look and what not thats not an issue, it will only be in my car or on my desktop. So from what I gather this antenna will improve my reception over my original RS stock antenna ?

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
_DeS_ said:
Thanks for the info. As far as look and what not thats not an issue, it will only be in my car or on my desktop. So from what I gather this antenna will improve my reception over my original RS stock antenna ?
That is correct. :)

John_M

_DeS_ Wrote:

Yes, it will improve reception over the RS stock antenna. Another handheld antenna you may want to consider is the Diamond RH771.

http://www.diamond-ant.jp/ama2/eng_ama_2_3_2.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.