Austin County Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamhere300

159.465 is the south part of the county fire, and 154.325 is the north. 159.045 is Bellville fire. While EMS is on the TXWARN, they are still paged on the VHF frequencies.

For some reason the license for 159.465 shows Bleiberville tower site, yet the southernmost tower is in San Felipe.

Sealy may be operating on TXWARN, but they are also paged on 159.465.

The next confusing thing is why in the world did they end up with 154.325 with a co-channel user so close as Grimes county. I don’t hear much on there except tones and a pager test from Grimes, but it makes my tone finder alert with no explanation. Lots of 666.0 tones, kind of strange.

The operations for Bellville are on their dispatch frequency. I don’t hear much of the rural departments, either on VHF or TXWARN

Austin County has a number of UHF frequencies, 225 mobiles, 5 pairs 25 watts, and 8 or so 50 watt UHF freqs, some with pagers listed. Any ideas?

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
Austin and Grimes counties have been co-channel on 154.325 for decades. Freeport FD uses it as well.

As far as two-tone searches go you would be wise to check what the scanner is giving you against actual Motorola QCII tones, to make sure the scanner isn't falsing. AFAIK everyone in the region uses Moto QCII tones.

iamhere300

Austin and Grimes counties have been co-channel on 154.325 for decades. Freeport FD uses it as well.

As far as two-tone searches go you would be wise to check what the scanner is giving you against actual Motorola QCII tones, to make sure the scanner isn't falsing. AFAIK everyone in the region uses Moto QCII tones.

You are correct, 666 would most likely be 669.9, I use Twotonefinder and get it close, then figure it from there. The ones I have in this area I have updating a FB page, "austin county tx fire pages" which has Austin and Waller Counties. I also send them out on a tweet from @Waller_AustinFD

I want to add Grimes and Washington at some point, but it takes time to decode those tones.

Status
Not open for further replies.