Austin-Travis County Fire and EMS Broadcastify Feed and Uniden SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTR722

Feed Provider
So it ended up taking me a lot longer to get the SDS200 up and running on my feed (I ended up buying a second radio) but as of this morning, the new SDS200 is running on my feed for the right channel (tactical) and the old BCD536 has been moved over to the left channel (Locution). The BCD996 previously on the left channel has been retired.

I posted back in March that, as far as my initial observations on GATRRS monitoring goes, the SDS200 was hands down much better dealing with the simulcast issues than the BCD536. Thus far, with both radios in my possession and several months now working with them, my initial observations are still holding strong.

I have also setup the other SDS200 radio to monitor a few other systems (not on my broadcastify feed) and particularly on the Williamson County side, the SDS200 is pretty much rock solid. Side-by-side with the BCD536 (attached to an external antenna located for best signal) and a SDS200 (using the stock antenna), you can actually see where the SDS200 picks up a transmission with UID data and the BCD536 will sit on the TGID but never break squelch or provide UID data...even when the BCD536 shows 5 bars and other transmissions are coming in the BCD536 with RSSI >400...very maddening to watch. I could, using the external antenna, get the BCD536 to work about 99% of the time, but usually once the weather went south, the radio would start to fail often...right when you needed it to work its best.

Anyways, the SDS200 has my endorsement for GATRRS and if anyone wants to here it for themselves, you can hear it on my feed starting today.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
KTR722

The SDS200 is perfect on GATTRS - Austin. I live in Round Rock and my SDS200 is solid in reception compared to several missed comms on the simulcast system on the BCD536 - I sold. I also have the SDS100 which I think they ironed its bugs out. But still one of my Favorites is my G5. Limited obviously to what I can hear in WILCO so listen to a lot of Austin PD / Pfluggerville PD. Congrats on the upgrade - will have to check out your feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.