Austin Travis County GATRRS: APD Metro regions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcmanning

Premium Subscriber
I'm following all the APD Metro TG's but I was wondering if anyone knows of a map that shows all of the APD Metro regions, if so, does anyone know if any of those TG's coincide with specific regions?

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
APD seems to be the most squared-away Dept in Texas in terms of their highly detailed patrol maps. And they update them in January of each year just like clock work. Wish I could say the same about Houston. Houston has a good map, but it is not nearly as detailed as Austins.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Last time I was in Austin a few months ago they seemed to pick and choose which ever one was available. I heard what I think was gang unit guys on one channel on one side of the city and some kinda of surveillance on the other side of the city which could be just about any division in the department. I heard someone on Metro 3 come up and ask if "anyone was on 3 ?." then started using it when they knew the channel was clear.

rcmanning

Premium Subscriber
Last time I was in Austin a few months ago they seemed to pick and choose which ever one was available. I heard what I think was gang unit guys on one channel on one side of the city and some kinda of surveillance on the other side of the city which could be just about any division in the department. I heard someone on Metro 3 come up and ask if "anyone was on 3 ?." then started using it when they knew the channel was clear.

I posted my reply without seeing you had posted. Thank you for the info.

rbarker

Robert
The officers told me that they just use the Metro channel that's closest to the sector channel.
So Adam would be Metro 1
Baker would use Metro 2
Charlie would use Metro 3 or Metro 4
David would use Metro 5
Edward would use Metro 6 or Metro 7
Frank would use Metro 8 or Metro 9
George and Henry would use Metro 10
but that's not exact. If there is already one group using a Metro channel, they can always just use another one. The thought was to use a channel that is 1 or 2 clicks away from the patrol channel in case they need help.

Last edited:

rcmanning

Premium Subscriber
The officers told me that they just use the Metro channel that's closest to the sector channel.
So Adam would be Metro 1
Baker would use Metro 2
Charlie would use Metro 3 or Metro 4
David would use Metro 5
Edward would use Metro 6 or Metro 7
Frank would use Metro 8 or Metro 9
George and Henry would use Metro 10
but that's not exact. If there is already one group using a Metro channel, they can always just use another one. The thought was to use a channel that is 1 or 2 clicks away from the patrol channel in case they need help.

rbarker - thank you for the awesome info. But when you say they can use a different TG thats 1 or 2 clicks away, does that mean they would switch over to the nearest sector Metro TG thats open (ex: if an officer in Baker tries using Metro 2 and its already in use they would switch over the George or Ida Metro TG) or would they switch to the nearest Metro TG numerically (ex: if an officer in Baker tries using Metro 2 and its already in use they would switch over the Metro 1 or 3 / 4 TG). I'm assuming the former but just want to make sure. I apologize if I'm overthinking it, but I just got into the hobby and am trying to learn as much as possible

rbarker

Robert
They switch to the nearest Metro TG numerically (ex: if an officer in Baker tries using Metro 2 and its already in use they would switch over the Metro 1 or 3 / 4 TG). yes they go to Whatever is the closest unused one up or down. I think last night I heard guys in Edward were using Metro 5, so in that case it was just one click up.

Status
Not open for further replies.