Austin TX - GATRRS - Simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
So setting up a PRO-651 and PRO-652 Digital Scanners up with GATRRS through either ARC500 or PSREdit500 not sure which.

But my real question is : Simulcast / Towers for this system.

I live in Williamson County (Round Rock) - want to choose obviously the closest towers for best reception. When Looking at the Database I see Simulcast 1 and 2 and then a bunch of Counties...like Williamson. Do you suggest putting in all the counties and Simulcast that way when traveling will it AUTO grab it from the closest tower (or County repeater) or do you have to manually tell it which system to grab from.

I think I do want it to where if I go mobile with either unit I can follow the broadcast with the best signal.

Any help appreciated.

Now to decide which software - I am licensed for both...used to love BUTEL's arc for the Uniden's but not sure which is best for the RadioShack line.

Thanks,
Rich

rbarker

Robert
I don't know how to program those scanners but if you are in Williamson County, then the Williamson County tower is the one that carries that traffic. In many similar scanners you put each tower in a different bank and only turn that bank on if you want to hear that tower's traffic. Simulcast 1 is all Public Safety for Austin/Travis County. Simulcast 2 is other city agencies like animal control, convention center, water, waste water, trash, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.