Authenticated / Authorized feed restrictions possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicholasserra

I'm wondering if there exists the option, or if there are plans to someday make a feed configurable to only be listened by those with certain radio reference accounts, as opposed to always open to the public?

I sometimes consider turning off the feed in response to privacy concerns, but another option that would be amazing is to only allow certain users to be able to listen. Even if this was a paid only option it might be useful.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Set up your own feed site, or run on ProScan if you wish to do that kind of thing. BCFY is for the general public. Not being an butt, just the way it is.

nicholasserra

Got it. Although the tone of your response makes it sound like this would never be something to consider, even for someone willing to pay for it? Obviously there's overhead to running my own kind of system, broadcastify makes it easier.

Is it general principal that this site will never have any kind of private services?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Keep in mind that milf is not a Broadcastify Admin so his response is not official in any way.

The final word will come from a Broadcastify Admin or Lindsay himself.

richtidd

Database Admin
I'm wondering if there exists the option, or if there are plans to someday make a feed configurable to only be listened by those with certain radio reference accounts, as opposed to always open to the public?

I sometimes consider turning off the feed in response to privacy concerns, but another option that would be amazing is to only allow certain users to be able to listen. Even if this was a paid only option it might be useful.

That wold be a private feed.

Sorry but we do not approve private feeds. Only public feeds.

Yes you can turn your feed off in response to privacy concerns & then restart the feed.
If you do this, best is to have a message in the status field as to why the feed is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.