Authorization Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGW_999

This is what I get when I try to do a web import from Win97 software. It tells me to check my user name, password and make sure I'm a supporter of the site. All of which are confirmed. I've cleaned my internet casch, deleted cookies, shut down my fire wall and anti virus, reset my password, All to no avail.

I have the trial version of Win97, do I have to buy it? I wouldn't think so.

Another note. I tried to register to this site with a different email address and I never got an activation link. It wouldn't let me try to register again because my user name was taken (by me ). So I registered again with a diff email add. and user name. Got the link right away and was ok to log on no problems. Don't know what problems if any, this would cause.

Any help Please!!, Im getting tired of manually entering in codes..

Thanks
Mike

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Mike, we are going to have to get some answers before you will know what is going on.

The first thing to check is when you go to the Database link above, does it say:
"Logged in: MGW_999"
on the left side in the blue line just below the RadioReference Icon and name?
If not, then it should say "Not logged in" (or something to that effect), if so then log in. If it shows you logged in as some other name, than that is the problem. Your DB login and Forum login names are different, the only person who can fix that is Lindsay, so you will have to email the Webmaster about it.

If your login names are the same and you show yourself (MGW_999) as logged into the database, do you see all the things you should see when looking at the database pages. You can try this test; on the main database page, scroll down to the search section and enter "Skywarn" in the "Search for Agency/County" search block and hit the "Search" link adjacent to it. If you get a page saying that it is only available to Premium Subscribers, then once again you need to contact Lindsay (Webmaster) to fix this.

If you have gotten to this point and are still okay then click the link below:
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/xml1.1/?sid=2369
You will be asked to provide your User Name and Password, after doing so you should be taken to a web page that is an XML download of a trunking system in Houston. If you get that then the problem is in Win97, if on the other hand you get this message as the bottom line:
Access Denied - You do not have a current, active premium subscription. See the subscriptions page for more information
The problem is once again a Lindsay only solution. But at this point at least you know at what level the problem exists. ;)

MGW_999

Authorization Required
This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Server at www.radioreference.com Port 80

Ok Lou, thank you so far for the help:)). I made it to the second link you gave me and got the above message. I'm thinking there is some browser setting that may be messing something up. I'll keep digging into it, if you have more input please let me know. Thanks again
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.