Auto Step 396t scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
:confused: I do a search between 160-000 and 174.000 on my Uniden 396t scanner and most of the time it shows the wrong frequency, I have the step set at Aoto but it shows 164.9375 and it does this most of the time, I thought if I had the step set at Auto it would only show the correct frequency when it stops on a frequency ????
Steve

ScannerWayne

Hello Saint,

Try setting the modulation to FM rather than NFM. If it's set to AUTO then change it to FM. It will then work for you as you expect it too.

What you are seeing is the scanner searching using the narrow FM modulation spacing which allows for more channels in a given band. All services are changing over to narrow fm so keep that in mind as time goes on.

Wayne...

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Auto Setting

Hello Saint,

Try setting the modulation to FM rather than NFM. If it's set to AUTO then change it to FM. It will then work for you as you expect it too.

What you are seeing is the scanner searching using the narrow FM modulation spacing which allows for more channels in a given band. All services are changing over to narrow fm so keep that in mind as time goes on.

Wayne...

Thanks Wayne for the information I'll try taking it off auto settings for now on.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.