Auto tuners for receive only on endfed antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a little science question.How are auto-tuners on endfed antennas for receive only radios? I have two icom r 75s and an alinco dxr8t. I use an mfj959c antenna tuner and it works real good with the radios and on the endfed antenna of 117 ft I have, but it does get tiresome to keep changing the knobs every time I switch stations, a auto-tuner might help but I don't know how well it works with endfeds especially the lower bands any one tried this yet? If so how did it work?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Auto tuners (like what hams sometimes use) need a transmitted signal to work. That's not possible in a listening only application.

Mike

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Something like this is what you are asking for. While you do not use a tuner with this, rotating the loop antenna to null out noise is helpful.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Maybe they're ignoring you. Maybe they think they need to increase their post count. Perhaps they could not be bothered to read any other posts. ;) I will say this, their post was accurate.

majoco

Stirrer
I've noticed quite a few people only read the title and then feel obliged to put in their 2 cents worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.