Automated Marine Information Broadcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

baydog

USCG Sector Baltimore is using this on Ch 22A. It repeats hourly. The voice sounds a lot like the first one that NOAA used for NOAA Weather Radio.Sven or Igor or whatever listeners called the voice
I've not heard this broadcast in this format until today.

progress.gif

wphiv

First heard it in the North Bay on Saturday at noon. Announcement on Ch.16 to switch to Ch.22 for information. Continued throughout the day alternating between the Northeast High Site and Bay Bridge Site. Routine traffic only. Emergency traffic was dispatched in the traditional manner. Automated voice was understandable but somewhat irritating when it repeated the messages in that droning twang.

OldsDoug

Have you guys ever heard the CSX Railroad's robot? They have something called an "Equipment Defect Detector", and _that_ dude will get on your nerves in a hurry! 160.23 around here (Montgomery County).

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Is Rescue 21 fully operational in Sector Baltimore / Upper Chesapeake Bay? Is the Greenbury Point transmitter active?

jaymatt1978

I just heard Rescue 21 in Sector NY with a rescue drill by the Sleepy Hollow Lighthouse with PD, FD and EMS. First time I heard it although I imagine they have been testing it for a while. The same announcement came on again while I was typing this post.

ocguard

Just FYI, heard this same automated NOAA weather radio transmissions on Marine 22A from both Hampton Roads Group (VA) and Sector North Carolina while in the Outer Banks. They were both going at the same time on the same channel, and it sounded like it was the same feed, which, from the top of the bridge between Nags Head and Manteo, made for some awful multi-phase!

baydog

When we've been in Rehoboth and there have been tropical systems or strong nor'easters
in the mid Atlantic area I've heard USCG aircraft rebroadcasting the NOAA Wx radio off-shore waters forecast and any related warnings on 22A. Every so often there would be an intro like "This is USCG aircraft ID# rebroadcasting the NOAA WX radio offshore waters forecast for .......". I think there was a clip on the Weather Channel about this once.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.