Automated Voice Testing on OKC Metro P25?

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what the automated voice is that has been testing on talkgroup 795 on the OKC Metro P25 system for the past several days?

According to Broadcastify calls platform, transmissions began occurring on April 21 at 2:16 PM and sounded like this at first:
1650576593-795.m4a and 1650568615-795.m4a

A few days later it started sounding like this, sounding like it’s reading off sentences that was created to test the sound of the voice with a variety of characters, possibly for some sort of testing (kinda like "The Quick Brown Fox" pangram):
Male Voice 1: 1651762362-795.m4a
Male Voice 2: 1651762301-795.m4a
Female Voice: 1651762331-795.m4a

The last time that this activity was seen was on May 05 at 9:52 AM. Here is the last transmission: 1651762346-795.m4a

These are the UIDs I’ve seen logged on Calls, there may be more, but this is what I found. The most common being the UID of 9989914.
506110, 506115, 506116, 506158, 5011021, 5011025, 5012007, 5022002, 5022021, 5031031, 5032019, 5035996, 5036995, 5080043, 5081930, 5083580, 5083597, 5088889, 5141251, 9989914.

This does sound different than the automated door alarm alerts on the OKC PD Airport talkgroup 279 using UID 3031119, which a sample can be heard here: 1651826786-279.m4a

The voices don't really sound like what I normally hear FDs using for automated dispatch either I attached the most common ones I've heard, so that's making me wonder if this will be fire dispatching or something else...
Unknown Male Voice (Audio from San Antonio Fire Department): 1651839863-38529.m4a
Unknown Male Voice 2 (Audio from New Braunfels Fire Department): 1651849010-11016.m4a
Unknown Male Voice 3 (Audio from Denver Fire Department): DFD-CrimeriaSt-StructureDisp-120420.wav
Locution Female (Audio from Sand Springs Fire Department): 1651854491-2053.mp3
Phoenix Female (Audio from Schertz Fire Department: 1651444694-12095.m4a

Anyone know if Oklahoma City or any of the other FDs on the system are working on implementing an automated voice dispatching system in the near future?

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
OKC Fire is getting new radios that all I can help you with. Not sure if this is related.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
OKC Fire is getting new radios that all I can help you with. Not sure if this is related.

Already upgrading radios? Aren’t they on the Harris Unity XL series already from when they implemented the P25 system? Hopefully OCPD and OCFD will transition to Motorola for mobiles and portables (won’t hold my breath), their mics sound so awful when it’s windy or background noise.

Hopefully they will implement an automated dispatch, they certainly have the call load for one. It also makes it easier to hear addresses instead of the occasional mumbling or distracted dispatcher who is hard to understand.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
As a whole the depts didn't upgrade radios but yes some of the new harris radios are in use. Moto radios are being looked at.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Automated voice dispatching? Is this on a talkgroup? frequency? iCall? Where can it be heard?

im not sure. I asked around and apparently a few stations are using this already with st one being one of them. Not sure if they are changing/upgrading or just adding the rest of the stations.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Check the NEWS articles of the automated dispatch corps. Like Locution etc.. They usually tell proudly who they added to the rolls of users. Its big money. Also check the records of City Council Meetings over the past year or two and you can find when and how much they spent to get this rolling and who has the contracts. It will be department wide, possibly even tied in with the FD CAD system once its fully implemented. It would b e used on all the primary dispatching systems in use. For us i is on the primary TG on our TRS, with the secondary dispatch TG being mainly for use in training dispatchers/controllers or as backup for if the Locution goes down. For some areas surrounding us that have it, it is used on both the VHF Paging/Tone Out freq, and the Statewide TRS TG's.

a417

A few days later it started sounding like this, sounding like it’s reading off sentences that was created to test the sound of the voice with a variety of characters, possibly for some sort of testing (kinda like "The Quick Brown Fox" pangram):
They're called Harvard Sentences, oddly enough found on the Cornell website. (y)

You posted exerpts from list 49, 37 and 21.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Standard use for AI voice systems to "train" them up to pronounce words and phrases clearly. Even once they progress they sound very robotic until the "vocabulary" is very large indeed. The first uses I recall were when NWS instituted the 2 robo voices they now use daily for almost all broadcasting. At first both them sounded like the rise of the machines lol. Then they started appearing on spam calls, auto calls from schools and businesses, and then on Fire/EMS dispatches.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Standard use for AI voice systems to "train" them up to pronounce words and phrases clearly. Even once they progress they sound very robotic until the "vocabulary" is very large indeed. The first uses I recall were when NWS instituted the 2 robo voices they now use daily for almost all broadcasting. At first both them sounded like the rise of the machines lol. Then they started appearing on spam calls, auto calls from schools and businesses, and then on Fire/EMS dispatches.

I liked "Misty" the female voice of the NWS in Wichita, KS years back lol

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
Check the NEWS articles of the automated dispatch corps. Like Locution etc.. They usually tell proudly who they added to the rolls of users. Its big money. Also check the records of City Council Meetings over the past year or two and you can find when and how much they spent to get this rolling and who has the contracts. It will be department wide, possibly even tied in with the FD CAD system once its fully implemented. It would b e used on all the primary dispatching systems in use. For us i is on the primary TG on our TRS, with the secondary dispatch TG being mainly for use in training dispatchers/controllers or as backup for if the Locution goes down. For some areas surrounding us that have it, it is used on both the VHF Paging/Tone Out freq, and the Statewide TRS TG's.

I've got all of the frequencies licensed to the city and the fire department plugged in and still haven't heard anything yet. Have also done several discovery sessions on the OKC system and OKWIN (statewide) system and have not hard anything beyond testing on any talkgroups not in the database or iCalls. Also have not heard the testing for several days now.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
I've got all of the frequencies licensed to the city and the fire department plugged in and still haven't heard anything yet. Have also done several discovery sessions on the OKC system and OKWIN (statewide) system and have not hard anything beyond testing on any talkgroups not in the database or iCalls. Also have not heard the testing for several days now.

U spooked them 😂
Their techs watch this forum a lot lol

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
It appears that OKC Fire has begun using OKCMPS talkgroup 555 (OKC Fire Talk 6) for automated station alerting within the past week or so, unit ID of 506110. Manual dispatching currently still on the Station Alerting talkgroup at this time.

So far only one tone heard for all call types it seems.

Sounds like they went with Phoenix G2.

Appears my suspicions were confirmed!

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
It appears that OKC Fire has begun using OKCMPS talkgroup 555 (OKC Fire Talk 6) for automated station alerting within the past week or so, unit ID of 506110. Manual dispatching currently still on the Station Alerting talkgroup at this time.

Sounds like they went with Phoenix G2.

Appears my suspicions were confirmed!

Surprised they didnt encrypt it yet

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Already upgrading radios? Aren’t they on the Harris Unity XL series already from when they implemented the P25 system? Hopefully OCPD and OCFD will transition to Motorola for mobiles and portables (won’t hold my breath), their mics sound so awful when it’s windy or background noise.

The FD upgraded to XL-95 portables a few months ago. Their RSM's were changed out too.

I forgot this thread existed or I would have brought this back alive earlier when they were playing on TG 795 again not long ago lol

Turner101

Premium Subscriber

So far I have heard three types with the recent this morning being what sounds like the old school tv show Emergency tones lol

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
So far I have heard three types with the recent this morning being what sounds like the old school tv show Emergency tones lol
Hopefully they'll bring the old structure fire tone over too. Nothing could get my attention and adrenaline pumping quite like hearing that tone go off when I was working the overnights at my previous news station😂

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully they'll bring the old structure fire tone over too. Nothing could get my attention and adrenaline pumping quite like hearing that tone go off when I was working the overnights at my previous news station😂
Which one are you talking about? The one they currently use on the Fire Alert channel?