autostarting op25 on Raspberry Pi

goomfletch12

after a few evenings I finally have op 25 running and am pretty happy with things but i would like it to start when I power the Pi up.
I am running it in desktop mode and have both a .sh file and a desktop file but none of the tutorials i see on line seem to work.
any pointers ?

thank you
Tom

boatbod

after a few evenings I finally have op 25 running and am pretty happy with things but i would like it to start when I power the Pi up.
I am running it in desktop mode and have both a .sh file and a desktop file but none of the tutorials i see on line seem to work.
any pointers ?

thank you
Tom
Is op25 configured to use "pulse" or "default" audio? Pulse often has problems auto-starting at boot due to permissions and the pulse audio daemon not running until the desktop environment logs on.

goomfletch12

Is op25 configured to use "pulse" or "default" audio? Pulse often has problems auto-starting at boot due to permissions and the pulse audio daemon not running until the desktop environment logs on.
how would I determine that ?
I would assume it is whatever the default is

krutzy

Feed Provider
You should look at systemctl examples. Then make sure you enable them. If you have done that you can use "systemctl status [your service name ] to see if it started and if not why not.

boatbod

how would I determine that ?
I would assume it is whatever the default is
Look in your op25's cfg.json (whatever you called it) and check if the audio "device_name" is "pulse" or "default".
Code:
    "audio": {
        "module": "sockaudio.py",
        "instances": [
            {
                "instance_name": "audio0",
                "device_name": "pulse",
                "udp_port": 23456,
                "audio_gain": 1.0,
                "number_channels": 1
            }
        ]