Auxilliary Air Force Base Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
I debated on whether to put this in the SC forum or here...Here won out. In North, SC, we have an Army Auxilliary Air Force Base and I was wondering if the same frequencies are used for North that are used at Charleston AFB or Shaw AFB in Sumter, SC? I do know that new construction is occuring at North (I have a friend who bidded on the runway upgrades) and have heard unsubstantiated rumors that McEntire ANGB in Columbia, SC is going to move there in the future - because Columbia is growing all around McEntire. Anyway, I haven't caught any transmissions out of there and probably wouldn't realize it if I did, not knowing the call signs, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Barry

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
North AAAFB

Thanks, Linn, I have seen that and it says Shaw controls it but neither Shaw nor Charleston frequencies have worked for me. The planes I see are C-130s, C-17s and C-5s doing touch and goes and they sometimes drop things by parachute although I haven't seen that in a while. Shaw BTW, is a fighter base. I have seen other things fly out of there, but it might not be kosher for me to talk about them. :confused: Oh well, my search is on.:cool:
Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.