• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

AUXIO module

Status
Not open for further replies.

kv6o

Anyone have documentation for the Motorola GPIOM Model B1911A? It's commonly referred to as an AUXIO module, and I am looking to use an output as a Broadcastify "kill switch" that a dispatch supervisor can access on their console. It would kill our official feed by disconnecting the audio (open a relay) between the radio receiving the audio, and the computer supplying the feed. I am looking for what the outputs are - dry contacts, 12V out, etc.

Steve

kv6o

Looks like the AUXIO works with the local console only... I wonder if it's possible to control a digital output on an SDM3000 from a console?

Tech21

The purpose of the AUXIO is just that, an Auxiliary Input/output. The SDM3000 is also known as the AUXIO. It's used to for door controls/alarms on the console. The General Purpose Input/Output module was the first version of a VPM. The GPIOM you describe is where you connect the footswitch/mic/headset jacks and other such things. Unfortunately, the GPIOM documentation is no longer on MOL.

So you have a recieve only radio for broadcastify and you want to kill the feed from the console? It's not really possible because the you'd have to essentially shut off the radio and their is no way to do that through the auxiliary connector on any radio.

davidgcet

Premium Subscriber
The purpose of the AUXIO is just that, an Auxiliary Input/output. The SDM3000 is also known as the AUXIO. It's used to for door controls/alarms on the console. The General Purpose Input/Output module was the first version of a VPM. The GPIOM you describe is where you connect the footswitch/mic/headset jacks and other such things. Unfortunately, the GPIOM documentation is no longer on MOL.

So you have a recieve only radio for broadcastify and you want to kill the feed from the console? It's not really possible because the you'd have to essentially shut off the radio and their is no way to do that through the auxiliary connector on any radio.

actually if the radio has ignition sense then the auxio could switch it off by triggering an external user supplied relay. if just the audio is to be cut then the relay can break the audio line. I have done similar many times on older consoles for various things, but no experience with the newer models so I cant give specific pinouts or programming direction.

kv6o

Using an external relay, a dispatch supervisor would have the ability to kill a feed if necessary, or so goes the idea. We have SDM3000's at our RF sites to monitor things like doors, generator runs, HVAC power, APM alarms, etc. I do have 2 SDM's located in the room where I'd have the Broadcastify feed - we'll have to play around adding a resource to the a console to see if we can actuate the digital outputs, just never needed to do that before.

crazyboy

You would need a separate SDM with the AuxIO firmware and software and properly configured in the system. The contacts for this can be set for either dry or wet contacts via jumpers inside the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.