Status
Not open for further replies.

prcguy

See post #22 here, its a very old picture and the tower is completely different now but just as busy. Plus there is a second tower now. Still no aviation J-pole to be found on my towers and there never will be. I have several commercial aviation antennas in the garage that are going up some day.

Ok Prcguy, we've seen the radios, how about that antenna array?

Last edited:

spanky15805

prcguy, for some strange reason, your tower picture reminded me of Key West. I don't remember seeing any J-poles there.

Ubbe

Clean up this snake pit! Excess everywhere,
To the untrained eye it might look like excess coax and a snake pit. But to the initiated it is obvious that it is loosly wound choke coils laid out in a calculated pattern. The distance between different coaxes from different antennas are scientificly calculated to have the optimum distances to attenuate RFI the most.

Send me a picture of your tie wrapped coaxes and I will calculate the best layout of a snake pit pattern to optimize your monitor station.

/Ubbe

bharvey2

See post #22 here, its a very old picture and the tower is completely different now but just as busy. Plus there is a second tower now. Still no aviation J-pole to be found on my towers and there never will be. I have several commercial aviation antennas in the garage that are going up some day.

Boy I wish I was the guy selling you feedline!

questnz

To the untrained eye it might look like excess coax and a snake pit. But to the initiated it is obvious that it is loosly wound choke coils laid out in a calculated pattern. The distance between different coaxes from different antennas are scientificly calculated to have the optimum distances to attenuate RFI the most.

Send me a picture of your tie wrapped coaxes and I will calculate the best layout of a snake pit pattern to optimize your monitor station.

/Ubbe

Hi Ubbe, I am more IT dude, this is a very "scientific" answer. I am a simple grumpy old man. Coming from IT background I was more worried about "cross-talk" things of your cables. If there is such a thing in Radio World of course. No offense, I like your postings. regards from Down Under the bottom of the World. Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.