Avon Lake PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdsteele

Premium Subscriber
155.415 has been quiet the past couple of days. Has anyone heard much activity? Did they move? I know that Avon PD moved to MARCS-IP, but I didn't think Avon Lake or Sheffield Lake had any plans to move.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
Just heard traffic. I do know sometimes it can seem quiet for a long period and then get busy.

Ten_Eight

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what the new Avon PD MARCS-IP frequencies are?

budevans

Does anyone know what the new Avon PD MARCS-IP frequencies are?
29515 is the TG (Talk Group) for Avon Police Dispatch, on the MARCS-IP P25 system. For the MARCS P25 system you program CC's (Control Channel frequencies) and AC's (Alternate Control frequencies). Trunk systems assign a frequency every time a radio is keyed up. So no one on a trunk system has an assigned frequency. Agency's (police, fire and so on) are assigned to Talk Groups. Talk Groups can be loosely defined as Virtual Frequencies.

774.78125 is the CC (Control Channel). 773.83125, 774.28125 and 774.53125 are the AC (Alternate Control channels) for the MARCS Cuyahoga County Simulcast System. I monitor Avon Lake PD on the Cuyahoga County MARCS Simulcast System Site.

There are two Lorain sites that may or may not carry the Avon PD traffic.

770.20625 CC and 770.60625 AC for the Elyria MARCS Site.
770.90625 CC and 773.08125 AC for the Grafton C.I. MARCS Site.

Ten_Eight

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info... this is all new to me. I use the G5. I have Avon Lake PD on P25 and was able to set up a scan along with Avon PD and next thing I knew Avon was gone.

budevans

Thanks for the info... this is all new to me. I use the G5. I have Avon Lake PD on P25 and was able to set up a scan along with Avon PD and next thing I knew Avon was gone.

I'm not familiar with the programming for the Unication pagers. I suggest that you post your P25 Trunk programming questions (Control Channels and Talk Groups) on the Unication Forum. Unication Forum

I do know others have used the Unication pagers to monitor the MARCS P25 Trunk systems.

Last edited:

gdsteele

Premium Subscriber
Bud,

Did you say you monitor Avon LAKE PD on MARCS simucast? Or Avon PD?

29515 is the TG (Talk Group) for Avon Police Dispatch, on the MARCS-IP P25 system. For the MARCS P25 system you program CC's (Control Channel frequencies) and AC's (Alternate Control frequencies). Trunk systems assign a frequency every time a radio is keyed up. So no one on a trunk system has an assigned frequency. Agency's (police, fire and so on) are assigned to Talk Groups. Talk Groups can be loosely defined as Virtual Frequencies.

774.78125 is the CC (Control Channel). 773.83125, 774.28125 and 774.53125 are the AC (Alternate Control channels) for the MARCS Cuyahoga County Simulcast System. I monitor Avon Lake PD on the Cuyahoga County MARCS Simulcast System Site.

There are two Lorain sites that may or may not carry the Avon PD traffic.

770.20625 CC and 770.60625 AC for the Elyria MARCS Site.
770.90625 CC and 773.08125 AC for the Grafton C.I. MARCS Site.

If you are close enough to Cuyahoga County, you might be able to listen to Avon PD on the Cuyahoga MARCS IP Simulcast.
Just like me, I get some Geauga County simulcastand Summit County simulcast activity on the Cuyahoga County MARCS IP.

Also it is possible, possible that they might be on the new Avon two site simulcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.