AWIN Discussion

k5kvn

OK Lads N Lassies, as I found out by it causing me an OOPSIE moment... A LOT of the info we have for the AWIN sites data is WAY out of date. We need current data on ALL sites reguarding rebanded status, site nieghbor lists, any site numbering changes etc.... So here is me begging for as many as possible that can get this data vias Pro96Com, or the capabilities of the newer gen scanners, please submit it.....

TY in advance.

:confused:

I can get you some data from NW Arkansas towers. Can WIN500 get this data or would I need to use Pro96Com?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
You would need to run Pro96Com, Unitrunker, Trunk-88, or if your scanner has the features of being able to do it you can get it that way... Which scanner are you running? WIN500 is just for programming/monitoring scanners.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Coolios. Pro96Com is actually very simple to use, and can be up and running in like 5 minutes. Its "manual" is very user friendly, as is the entire interface. If you not familiar with its abilities, it is awesome. You can get full sysID, Site #'s, WACN's.. Not sure if it gives site NAC yet or not, Nieghbors, CC, and AC, as well as all VC's as they become active. TG #'s, RID's, Patches, Signal Strength, and more...

The info needed for every tower you can get is: Confirmation of the Site #, CC, AC, VC's, NAC if possible, full nieghbor list. And of course if you run accross any NEW TG's, and can ID them, that would be awesome! Also on all the area's conventional stuff, please confirm Tones, and usage is correct in the DB.

TY

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
TY, any that you can pick up a cc on, you can nab data on. :)

btritch

New CC and TGID

I've gotten word our County SO is going to AWIN so in preparations for that I ran my Pro 96Com Program.. I've made a surprising discovery.. I found a new TGID of 11100 and a new Control Channel Of 772.18125 and it's linked in with Jonesboro, Lake City, Burdette, Shell Lake, And Fair Oaks and is labeled Site # 174 but I haven't pinpointed where it's located yet.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Every County is going to have at least 1 or 2 TG's on AWIN, for Mutual Aid etc.. Even if they keep thier own NXDN, TRBO, Conv P25, Conv Analog, etc... Like Garland County for example, Primary comms are all done vias the VHF analog stuff, but the SO Officers, and OEM Officers all have AWIN access vias the currently single TG. Hot Springs County, SO is now fully TRBO conventional, but also has an AWIN TG that so far is primarily Officers. And on that note... Be aware that at least 20 new sites are iether online, or comming online over the next year. Possibly even a whole 3rd Zone Controller being added, and thus reconfiguration yet again in the next 2 years.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
The state of Arkansas, has petitioned the FCC, to issue an STA for the Little Rock Metro Simulcast System. This is so they can begin operating this new TRS ASAP. More information is available on the FCC Web site:

FCC Application

73's

Ron

Last edited:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Look for new CC's guys. And please do run Pro96Com etc....

7eng

peanutsmom

Does anyone have any information on the Jacksonville rebanding and when it will be completed or when we will be able to monitor using a digital scanner?

Thanks!

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Does anyone have any information on the Jacksonville rebanding and when it will be completed or when we will be able to monitor using a digital scanner?

Thanks!

Rebanding is not applicable to P25 systems at all. Isn't Jacksonville already on the AWIN system?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Changes to LR Area AWIN

Site numbering changing, ZC changes possibly also.... All in preparation for the new load out due to NLR, LR etc... We will need new data guys. Pro96Com is all our friend... Please unleash it on the sites all around LR, and all around the state so we get a new picture of the changes being made. TY in advance.