AWIN Discussion

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Just posting as FYI this alert message from AWIN this morning shortly after 8am:

Statewide!

Feb 3rd 2020

The system is currently experiencing reduced communications
capabilities. A connection issue between DIS and Roosevelt has been
discovered and Technicians are on site trying to resolve the issue.
Please be prepared to use backup communications.

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin
Also note, new additions to Benton County Simulcast, possibly first steps for added second simulcast, all new freqs are fully flowing Phase II data and TG's. If they are integrating the new set into the original site, expect all freqs to start passing TDMA data and TG's and the site to go to DDM. Also expect the other main sites on the system to be in same situation Phase II wise over this year.

jhsands

Feed Provider
I'm surprised no one on here with all those "in the know" still have not posted the letter received on December 18th about AWIN no longer putting Phase 1 radios on the system. Odd.

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin
LOL, sometimes the three or four of us wait on each other and then never get around to it. But yes, the only system down South not doing this is now the LWIN. In fact I think I mentioned this in the TACN thread so that would prevent me saying it anywhere else as the mods are spank happy about any cross posting. (I have had enough infractions for that so not taking any more risks.)

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Was kind of obvious I think since we all know about the PII upgrade. But yeah.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
If you’re a db admin and they give you infractions that’s kind of...interesting. Feel the love and appreciation, huh! lol

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin
DBA still have to be lock step in Forums and follow the rules, but some things get into muddy waters. A huge reason I am so glad I am not a moderator any more.

slobonmycob

Uniden BCD996p2 & BCD996t
Also expect the other main sites on the system to be in same situation Phase II wise over this year.
We will see, Motorola has been a pain in the ass during this transition and the dates keep getting pushed back further and further, making me more skeptical over how quick this phase II upgrade will happen throughout the state.
Motorola also overcharges at any chance they get, so I'm quite confident smaller agencies will be slower to upgrade radios to be TDMA capable.

wbswetnam

Premium Subscriber
I heard a new talk group this morning, 45121. They were talking about camping sites, and closing restrooms. Army Corps of Engineers / Park Rangers?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I heard a new talk group this morning, 45121. They were talking about camping sites, and closing restrooms. Army Corps of Engineers / Park Rangers?
Very possible. I don't suppose you could tell which park they were at?

wbswetnam

Premium Subscriber
I have it in my scanner as park rangers.
No, but they were talking about how "There aren't any campers" and "These dumpsters will need to be emptied", so I'm very sure they are park rangers Army Corps of Engineers. I couldn't figure out which campground, though. I heard them on the Russellville tower.