AWIN Discussion

jhsands

Feed Provider
I think Howard County has their Pafford Ems on AWIN as well, which the Sheriff Office used AWIN as well.

The RIDs I have start with 11825. They talk to Lafayette County Dispatch regularly on AWIN since Pafford now has the contract.

Their IDs are also showing on TG 53621 , which I do not see in the DB. I will try and listen for it.

Devin18

The RIDs I have start with 11825. They talk to Lafayette County Dispatch regularly on AWIN since Pafford now has the contract.

Their IDs are also showing on TG 53621 , which I do not see in the DB. I will try and listen for it.
Oh ok. I could not find them on the data base either. Thank you for the information

btritch

I was in Little Rock today and did an ID search and picked up TG 44655. I didn't have time to see if it was encrypted or not. I see it isn't in the DB. If someone down that way can confirm it. I'll be back down that way Sept 15th. If it isn't confirmed by then I'll see what I can do.

jhsands

Feed Provider
Attached is a LibreOffice Calc ODS file where an SDR has been monitoring LR Metro from 2022-08-14 to 2022-08-31. TG 21423 had 11,352 hits and is encrypted.

The file has three sheets: New groups found (145), found as TDMA and listed as FDMA in DB, and checked some of the TGs for encryption.

Anyone wanting to check the other groups for encryption I will send you the event log (153MB before compressed) if you are vetted. The RIDs may give a clue of what county they are in.

Happy Hunting!

I submitted two new sites: one in Bauxite (2.28 770.35625) and another where the frequency I have not able to track down (1.93 774.54375). Both are connected to Site 5 LR Metro.

Attachments

• LRSimulcast20220814-20220831.zip
    23.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

athomesen

Premium Subscriber
Having a hard time programming my 996p2 for Pope County SO / Russellville through freeSCAN, Well I haven't been able to get anything. I've been reading through these forums and the manual for days with out any luck. Can somebody please help me get this lined out. I've had a a conventional old handheld scanner for years and just upgraded 2 weeks ago. Thanks in advance.

jhsands

Feed Provider
Having a hard time programming my 996p2 for Pope County SO / Russellville through freeSCAN, Well I haven't been able to get anything. I've been reading through these forums and the manual for days with out any luck. Can somebody please help me get this lined out. I've had a a conventional old handheld scanner for years and just upgraded 2 weeks ago. Thanks in advance.

Do you have a trunking signal? Russellville PD is encrypted. Look at TG 42800.

wbswetnam

Yes, I live in Russellville. All RPD traffic is encrypted... well, actually, on very rare occasions RPD tac2 suddenly pops up with traffic in the clear, but it doesn't happen very often. Also, all ATU Public Safety radio traffic is encrypted - they're the only higher education institution in Arkansas which encrypts their radio traffic. I guess they're special somehow. Anyway, other than RPD and ATU PS, everything else is unencrypted.

Additionally, there is a lot of DMR in our area. Yell County, Johnson County, Conway County, Perry County have almost all of their communications in DMR except for rural fire dispatch. Is your 996p2 DMR capable? Did you get the requisite DMR upgrade?

Last edited:

athomesen

Premium Subscriber
I did get the DMR upgrade. all those channels you listed would be great but POPE county Sheriff is a must have also if there is anyway to get it. Thanks a million in advance...

tvengr

Well Known Member
Found this discrepancy in AWIN for Craighead County:

53634d182D16-PHIL FDMonette FiregroundFire-Talk
53635d183D16-MONET FDPhiladelphia FiregroundFire-Talk

jhsands

Feed Provider
I submitted two new sites: one in Bauxite (2.28 770.35625) and another where the frequency I have not able to track down (1.93 774.54375). Both are connected to Site 5 LR Metro.

I submitted additional info on 2.28 that w will take care of.

Code:
I found a 1.8 - 769.40625 .
No data in RR FCC DB. Site Neighbors I found listing 1.8
Code:
Preston Ferry
DeValls Bluff

I will be war driving up 79 from Magnolia to Fordyce then 167 to i530 on Monday/Tuesday and provide the full DSDPlus.P25data on here hopefully with more info on the 4 new Entergy sites, also.

Here is more info on 1.93, yet shows ISOLATED on all sites.
I was not able to connect to 1.93, but here are the sites I found that list 1.93 as a neighbor.
Code:
Site: 1.93:   774.54375
Site: 1.5    NAC=185    ; Little Rock Metro Simulcast
Site: 1.75   NAC=180    ; Jacksonville
Site: 2.23   NAC=18F    ; Magnet
Site: 2.24   NAC=18C    ; Sheridan

The following in the area do not list 1.93 as a neighbor and no sites besides Magnet on I30.
Code:
Arsenal (Pine Bluff)
Cabot NE
DeWitt
Grant West
Jefferson NW (White Hall)
Lonoke
Ramsey
Sheridan South
Star City

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
In doing some programming today through ProScan and looking closely at location data, I found that some locations for counties in AWIN were way off...as in, Greene County was showing to be in SE Arkansas vs NE where it is. Another NEA county was listed with coordinates in Little Rock and 188 mile (i.e. statewide) coverage when it should be just the particular county. I did submit two or three updates to get these I ran across corrected. I'm not sure if it's been that way a long time or if something happened but, regardless, some were wrong. Anyway, I post this to say...as you get a chance, check the counties in your part of the state (wherever you are) and submit updates if it's incorrect. This will help everyone who uses location based scanning.

athomesen

Premium Subscriber
Do you have a trunking signal? Russellville PD is encrypted. Look at TG 42800.

I have great signal on the Hector tower only and it will stop on that site when an agency is using it but no audio comes out. Very strange. That scanner was programmed by a professional and AWIN works great in Russellville but when I come to Dover great signal no audio.

jhsands

Feed Provider
I have great signal on the Hector tower only and it will stop on that site when an agency is using it but no audio comes out. Very strange. That scanner was programmed by a professional and AWIN works great in Russellville but when I come to Dover great signal no audio.

There might not be a radio from that agency logged onto your tower. The system does not spray the talkgroup over every tower; there must be a system affiliated radio requesting that talkgroup for the tower to transmit the talkgroup.

jhsands

Feed Provider
Here is my site data file from war driving. Reminder that a site might not show all the channels shown in RRDB because that channel was not being used. I was told 1.93 is a SOW.

If someone has time to go through and match channels, NAC, and neighbors to what is in RRDB, that will be great.

Note: Entergy BEE00.64F is also in the file.

Attachments

• DSDPlus.P25data.txt
    29.3 KB · Views: 9

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
All 90 plus site numbers are SOWs in my experience. ex: 90 - 100 etc... And can be used in ANY zone, so what is 1-95 today might be 3-95 next week depending on need.