AWIN Discussion

@frogpondoffutt ^ Sounds like a setup issue to me if it is skipping them when scanning. They're all Hospital service type - do you have it enabled on the Uniden scanners?
@frogpondoffutt ^ Sounds like a setup issue to me if it is skipping them when scanning. They're all Hospital service type - do you have it enabled on the Uniden scanners?
Mark I do have the hospital service type enabled on all the radios, and when manually holding and i hear the traffic the hospital tag does show. I was just curious if it was some location control issue or something akin to it. I am in the NW part of the state. its not the signal just a scanning issue as i said. nothing like an ole fashion challenge i guess

Have you checked the gps coordinates and range for each trauma channel?
I have not checked the gps coordinates and ranges, I will have to look into that as I have never performed that task and will have to figure out how to do it? the TG i hear traffic on are 29702, 29703 when manually holding on the three columns of the SDS radios. My older radio shack radios are just scanning the old way and stop on the TG when transmission is detected. Why are my newer radios not scanning trauma com in the department column and stopping on it when they transmit? I have very good signal strength from at least three tower sites close to me.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Interestingly enough, when I look in the db at the state trauma TGs, here is what it shows... :unsure: Um... @milf? I think maybe the - was left off before 92...? Or something. I haven't punched in the coordinates but we see what the map is showing...

Interestingly enough, when I look in the db at the state trauma TGs, here is what it shows... :unsure: Um... @milf? I think maybe the - was left off before 92...? Or something. I haven't punched in the coordinates but we see what the map is showing...

View attachment 77124
i did look up the numbers and that is exactly where it is located, so like you I am puzzled. maybe admin. will look into it. I am assuming this is the problem?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
AWIN posted today that they have deployed a SOW in the Bayou Meto area to provide better radio coverage for duck season.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Get your scanners logging "new" sites as I am not sure how many SOW's they have, or what the numeration is for them. I think the only one we ever logged was the one that is part of the Mobile Command Center for ASP. Most states run at least 3 to 4, with sometimes "suitcase" sites additionally.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
They also set one up a time or two a year near the horse track in Hot Springs.

Those in the Bayou Meto area should certainly be seeing what they can find these days and submit the info.

ad5kl

I keep the SOW frequencies in each of my Favorite Lists, along with the regular sites for that Troop. I have a FL for each State Police Troop in AR, to quickly change to different Troops as I travel the state. This way, I'm not scanning sites that are out of range. I have all AWIN talkgroups programmed in each FL. I like to hear EVERYTHING and the SDS100 does it without breaking a sweat. If a SOW is deployed, I will hear it (if the SOW frequencies are accurate here on RR.) :)

I'm thinking each of the SOW's use the same frequencies all over the state, since it would be unusual to have two deployed within range of each other at the same time. Plus that would ensure the SOW doesn't interfere with the regular sites.

INDY72

Last I heard there are still at least 2 to 3 new sites in planning to add to coverage for moving Forestry etc on, especially in North/Northwest AR for coverage in areas around the National Forest as its still very spotty in that area. There has also been discussion of setting up the ADC with more for each facility. Plus all the rest of the Phase II upgrades during this year.

slobonmycob

Know-Nothingism
Last I heard there are still at least 2 to 3 new sites in planning to add to coverage for moving Forestry etc on, especially in North/Northwest AR for coverage in areas around the National Forest as its still very spotty in that area.
Yes, HUGE upgrades coming this year and the following! They have quite a few sites already up and can confirm rogers has had TDMA data running through its sites already!
Also, Springdale and Siloam Springs will be moving to AWIN either this year or the following and rumor has it Bentonville will be moving to AWIN very soon though they will be using another vendor instead of Motorola. So many Talk-groups coming soon!
AWIN plans on having everything phase 2 by 2022 and has already stopped accepting applications for radios not phase 2 compliant.

ad5kl

Our coverage here in Garland County is much improved with the simulcast. If the City of Hot Springs eventually merges their new system & sites into AWIN, we'll have a system that should work handheld anywhere in the county.

INDY72

Have HS started using the hybrid yet? Or are they waiting for the new site to be built even though AWIN and Garland are lending them that one site to get going?