AWIN Question

Cameron2828

Premium Subscriber
I have a question about the yellow “new talk groups” that radio reference adds. When I go input these into my scanner, they never pop up for me to hear a transmission.

I’m just wondering, how do they get added to radio reference when I cannot get them to come up and hear anything. I have a sds100 so simulcast is no issue. Thanks.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
So, on a P25 trunked system, you'll only hear talkgroups that are being used by radios affiliated with towers that are in your coverage area.

In other words, I'm in north central Arkansas...I can't 'hear' radio traffic from talkgroups in Little Rock or south Arkansas unless a radio affiliated with one of my area's towers is also using that talkgroup.

Does that make sense?

And talkgroups (and any other data) are added to the database here when people submit that data to the database and it's added by a database admin.

Cameron2828

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, I didn’t mention but my area of frequencies I don’t hear, Benton Co. specifically. Some were added that’s not encrypted but I haven’t heard them.
That’s what I was referring to.

How does someone know the frequency or Talkgroup to add to radio reference but i can’t seem to ever hear it.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Could be they were using an SDR to run 'discovery' on a system and saw the talkgroups pop up. Could be they are not used much and they caught them during a special event. Could be that they are being added to the system but the group/agency using them haven't transitioned to AWIN fully yet.

RMason

Premium Subscriber

_sundown_

Premium Subscriber
I found this one as well
I just glanced at it and saw asp on there...worth a visit