AWIN Reception Problems in NE Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewportTechCenter

Premium Subscriber
Since a couple of weeks ago, I'm not receiving any AWIN transmissions on my PRO-197 scanner. I use the ARC500 software to program the scanner, downloading the frequency and TG information from the RadioReference.com database. I assumed the nearby sites may have rebanded, and followed the instructions to load the rebanded T-Tables, but still nothing. Any suggestions? Anyone else having similar problems? I've talked to a couple of other people in the area who have also lost their AWIN transmissions, so I'm pretty sure it's not just me.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Since a couple of weeks ago, I'm not receiving any AWIN transmissions on my PRO-197 scanner. I use the ARC500 software to program the scanner, downloading the frequency and TG information from the RadioReference.com database. I assumed the nearby sites may have rebanded, and followed the instructions to load the rebanded T-Tables, but still nothing. Any suggestions? Anyone else having similar problems? I've talked to a couple of other people in the area who have also lost their AWIN transmissions, so I'm pretty sure it's not just me.

AWIN is undergoing rebanding as we speak. They dropped by 15MHz for the most part. There are other threads under this Arkansas topic and some list specific frequencies post-rebanding.

btritch

I'm not sure about Newport Troop B Area. I Can't get them from here, I have noticed a difference coming off of the Lake City and Hopewell Tower as well. I Think they cut the power when they rebanded.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure about Newport Troop B Area. I Can't get them from here, I have noticed a difference coming off of the Lake City and Hopewell Tower as well. I Think they cut the power when they rebanded.

Yes, troop B has also rebanded...

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Excuse my ignorance (still somewhat new to digital trunking scanning) but how do you view what they have the towers named?

Sent from my Samsung Captivate using Tapatalk

btritch

Steve I made a phone call and I have the answer to your question. It's now named Oakland instead of newport because even though it's considered Newport tower, It's actually Located Via Coordinates on Oakland Hill..Hence The Term.. "Oakland Tower"

Status
Not open for further replies.