AWIN Towers

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
For the Crittenden and Mississippi County areas. Whatb toers are used for th area ?

Thanks

Last edited:

btritch

I'm not sure but I'm pretty positive that mississippi county uses Lake City Tower.. Not Sure About Crittenden County..You Might try the cross co. tower, I'll see if I can find out..

bpckty1

Probably reference and highlighting the various sites for easier identification.

Airdorn

I heard that you can't hear any AWIN goodness at all in Tennessee, even if located in Memphis.

I tried the Shell Lake site a while back and never heard any CC's. :(

btritch

From what I hear, coverage on the AWIN system is VERY limited...That's why there are so many statewide towers..From what I hear but I'm not for sure...That's what I've heard though..That maybe why..

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
AWIN in Memphis

I have a GRE PSR 500 with a stock antenna and I can hear AWIN on President's Island.

Harbor Town and up towards De Wit Spain airport, up & down Riverside Drive and on Front St., south on I-55 until ya make the turn at the refinery is OK......once ya get in amongst the buildings or head more easterly ya lose any signal ya may have.....

I work on PI and I hear AWIN right until I walk in the door of my building.....all metal structure. I can still get all of Crittenden Co. analog and I can hear Memphis' P25 system just fine.

AWIN is just so weak once ya get east of West Memphis........doesn't make for good inter-operability in my opinion.

I have heard AWIN from NW MS on occasion......last week as I was driving back from Jackson, MS I was catching Troop D (Walnut Corner tower in Phillips Co,) from between Clarksdale & Tutwiler on US 49.......that's the second time I've done that.

I can't say much about DeSoto Co. coverage tho......don't know how far down you'd have to go until ya lose Shell Lake and pick up Walnut Corner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.