Awin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summit912

Does anyone know the frequency for trauma comm in little rock and can i pick it up on my scanner in north central Arkansas?

btritch

Does anyone know the frequency for trauma comm in little rock and can i pick it up on my scanner in north central Arkansas?

All Trauma Comm Channels are the same statewide. I'm in NE AR and I hear Central, South Central and NW AR on a daily basis.

State Trauma Center Talkgroups
NextLevel.gif

Based in Little Rock.
DEC HEX Mode Alpha TagDescriptionTag 29702 7406 D SW TRAUMA 1Trauma Comm Ch 1 *Some Encryption Used* Hospital 29703 7407 D SW TRAUMA 2Trauma Comm Ch 2 *Some Encryption Used* Hospital 29704 7408 D SW TRAUMA 3Trauma Comm Ch 3 *Some Encryption Used* Hospital 29705 7409 D SW TRAUMA 4Trauma Comm Ch 4 *Some Encryption Used* Hospital 29706 740a D SW TRAUMA 5Trauma Comm Ch 5 *Some Encryption Used* Hospital 29707 740b D SW TRAUMA 6Trauma Comm Ch 6 *Some Encryption Used* Hospital

Summit912

do you know the frequencies for all the Trauma Comms? if so could you please give them to me? the ones that you hear on your scanner.

poppafred

do you know the frequencies for all the Trauma Comms? if so could you please give them to me? the ones that you hear on your scanner.

The frequencies are the ones used by your closest AWIN tower. Pyatt and Mt Home would be your choices. The talk groups are listed on the RR AWIN database page.

If you don't have a digital scanner, you cannot listen to them. Your only other choice is the old hospital network on 155.340 but I don't know if it is even on the air any more.

Lifesaver2000

As far as 155.340, it is still in use for Ambulance to Hospital reports in most areas of NC Arkansas, although a lot of us just use cell phones nowadays. The Ambulance to Hospital reports are not being done on the AWIN system yet as a rule. The Health Dept. regs still require us to have .340 radios in the ambulances, and we are actually supposed to have a couple of other VHF freqs in there too for interop at major disasters. (don't ask me what they are, but you can find it in the EMS regs on the AHD website). One is supposed to be for coordinating units responding to a scene, the second for units working on scene, then of course .340 is for units leaving the scene en route to a hospital.

The only hospital around here that is not routinely receiving patient reports on .340 that I know of is St. Bernard's. They have asked that all reports come in by phone. That has been in the past couple of years. But as I said, many Paramedics now just call the ER by phone instead of using the radio, just as a convenience.

txzeke

Premium Subscriber
Summit912

Summit Fire Department unit number 912, what type of scanner do you have ? Brand name, Model number.

txzeke

Premium Subscriber
Scanners For Trauma Comm & more

Neither of those scanners are DIGITAL / P25 capable scanners. It wouldn't matter what freq you enter from the AWIN page here on Radio Reference. Your going to need a DIGITAL / APCO 25 / P25 capable scanner to get Arkansas Trauma Comm based in Little Rock.

You will need one of the following scanners to get that Trunk Group:

Uniden Bearcat BCD996XT (Base-Mobile)
Uniden Bearcat BCD396XT (Handheld)
Uniden HomePatrol (Base)

RadioShack PRO-197 (Base-Mobile)
RadioShack PRO-106 (Handheld)

GRE PSR-600 (Base-Mobile)
GRE PSR-500 (Handheld)
GRE PSR-800 (Handheld)

If you decide to go to Flippin and get The Shacks PRO-197 radio, the PRO-106, or if you purchase The Shacks, or GRE scanners online, I have the cable and software to program those scanners for you. Since I live close to you.

I will tell you this also, The Shacks scanners, which are made by GRE, will blow you away in performance. Reception though for our area of the Ozarks, is a hit and miss, dependent on location, atmospheric conditions, the hills, the valleys, and the trees. But when your in the right spots, it's freaking awesome!!

But the 2 scanners you currently have will not pick up Trauma Comm, or anything listed on the AWIN page here on Radio Reference.

Last edited:

Summit912

Neither of those scanners are DIGITAL / P25 capable scanners. It wouldn't matter what freq you enter from the AWIN page here on Radio Reference. Your going to need a DIGITAL / APCO 25 / P25 capable scanner to get Arkansas Southwest Trauma Comm based in Little Rock.

You will need one of the following scanners to get that Trunk Group:

Uniden Bearcat BCD996XT (Base-Mobile)
Uniden Bearcat BCD396XT (Handheld)
Uniden HomePatrol (Base)

RadioShack PRO-197 (Base-Mobile)
RadioShack PRO-106 (Handheld)

GRE PSR-600 (Base-Mobile)
GRE PSR-500 (Handheld)
GRE PSR-800(Handheld)

If you decide to go to Flippin and get The Shacks PRO-197 radio, or the PRO-106, since I live close to you, I have the cable and software to program those scanners for you.

But the 2 scanners you currently have will not pick up Trauma Comm, or anything listed on the AWIN page here on Radio Reference.

well i'm glad that i know that now. thanks for the information. Do you know of any place i can go to on the internet and listen to trauma comm?

safetyobc

If I were going to recommend a "new" digital scanner it would have to be in this order for someone who is just starting out in scanners and don't know how to program a trunked system:

PSR-800
HomePatrol-1
PSR-500
BCD396XT

The PSR-800 is the easiest to program (along with the HP-1). It also offers onboard recording of channels that you can play back later via the scanner or on the PC. The 800 and HP-1 offer the ability to use on screen guides to easily select your area and what you want to hear and the scanner will basically program itself. The 500 and 396XT allow a little more flexibility and a few different features for tweaking your listening.

All of the above scanners are portable (handheld or has the ability to use batteries). They all include AC adapters, programming cables, etc. If you buy the Radio Shack brands new (Like the Pro-106 etc.) you will have to buy a programming cable and AC adapter if you want those items, which will typically add up to the cost if you would have just bought the PSR models (which are the same scanners just different outsides) PSR-500 = Pro-106. PSR-800 = Pro-18.

zzdiesel

I used Medic One last Sat night from my house to TRRMC ER here in Kennett and then was transferred to NEA Baptist in Jonesboro. I don't there was any radio traffic involved. I think all was handled by cell phones.

rogueangel2k

Premium Subscriber
@Summit912, if you have an iDevice or an Android device... there are about 10 free "scanner" apps that have live Arkansas feeds on them. There are also live feeds available on this site as well... check the navigation menu at the top of this page. I own a PRO-106 and it is too a great radio. With the weather the way it is right now, I especially love my WX standby feature... so I can sleep with my scanner on and not here "The voice of the national weather service" all night long :)

rogueangel2k

Premium Subscriber
*edit*

@Summit912, if you have an iDevice or an Android device... there are about 10 free "scanner" apps that have live Arkansas feeds on them. There are also live feeds available on this site as well... check the navigation menu at the top of this page. I own a PRO-106 and it is too a great radio. With the weather the way it is right now, I especially love my WX standby feature... so I can sleep with my scanner on and not here "The voice of the national weather service" all night long :)

Sorry I must have been in my Ambien cloud last night. Meant to say... "I own a PRO-106 and it is a great *scanner*." Last sentence should have said "hear" not "here".

Status
Not open for further replies.