Aynor Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgardner

Anyone know if the Town of Aynor Police is using conventional frequencies? The only traffic I have monitored from them on the Horry County TRS has been giving out football scores on Friday nights. :roll: I know it’s a small town but nothing in three months seems strange. I have searched for frequencies licensed to them and only found ones for the Fire Dept. Even drove there and did a search with my Pro-2055 and no hits.

Last edited:

ocn29rsc

Aynor

When I moved away from horry county in April They where on the county 800 system, infact I had them in my motorola spectra mobile and XTS 2500 portable.

I had them in my BC785 as the following talk groups:

9616 dispatch
9648 talk around

Fire operates under the county and other than location has nothing to do with the town.

Alot of places including georgtown city and county had gone the pal-800 system, so they may have gone there if they were lucky enough to get a grant.

Hope this helps.

J. Cody

dist24

The Aynor Police operate on the Horry County TRS system. They operate on the old Beach patrol channel and some times on the warrant channel. Unit numbers are 901 -909. All fire/ rescue units operate on the Horry County TRS system. The Horry County 911 dispatch center dispatches for ALL Aynor Police, Fire, Ems and Aynor Rescue Squad.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
So the unanimous answer is that Aynor PD operates on the Horry County TRS.

But to answer the OP's question, the talkgroups listed for Aynor aren't the ones used for routine communication traffic. Instead they now use talkgroups identified as those used by Horry County PD.

When I was in the Myrtle Beach area recently, I noted a lot of traffic on the Beach Patrol talkgroup that made me think it wasn't being used for Beach Patrol. So it's now confirmed that some of the identified talkgroups are "mis-identified." Maybe Beach Patrol is the only one like that?

If someone has any updates or corrections for the talkgroup list that reflects current uses, please submit them.

tgardner

Thank you for the replies. That explains a lot. The Beach Patrol channel is “West Side” Dispatch is “East Side”.

dist24

The Aynor Police Department ceased having a dispatcher at the Town Hall and agreed for Horry County to dispatch for them on the regular Horry County TRS system on regular channels. The agreement uses Aynor Police to operate in the "County" outside the town limits for backup on urgent calls in the nearby area. They did a trade off helping both agencies. The "Aynor" ID's are only used for special events (ie: Hoe Down Festival in September each year).

Status
Not open for further replies.