AZ Related Wiki Collaboration Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Hello All,

As some of you may already know, the database pages will soon no longer contain links to external websites, or refer to any uploaded files or information that was supplemental to the database.

This information will still be available to us, but it is being migrated over to the Wiki Collaboration pages. The state page, county pages, and many of the independent agency pages could each have their own collaboration page, if needed. I've already copied over all of the links that I found within these areas - those that had something additional.

The state Wiki page has the counties listed out that I've copied over the information from, plus some older data that existed before. Check out - Arizona(US - The RadioReference Wiki)

These Wiki pages will be a nice compliment to the database, as the Wiki allows for us to be more descriptive about what we listen to. For an example, check out the work in progess page for the AZ ANG 162ndFW - The RadioReference Wiki

It also does not have to be supportive of a specific unit, department, or system. I've added a page for the SEARM Scanner Club - The RadioReference Wiki

In the past, this has been useful for Beat Maps, 10-code lists, equipment allocation, etc. Now the only thing missing is imagination and how to share the other technical and non-technical supporting data to fully enjoy our hobby.

If you would like to have something added, you can do it yourself or feel free to send me the complete details, and I'll be happy to help out. Keep in mind that a Wiki page is editable by anyone. This allows anyone to update the information or to add new information. If you did not create the Wiki page, as a matter of courtesy, you might want to place a note in this forum, prior to making any major inputting, correcting, or rewriting of a Wiki page.

If you want to create your own Wiki page, please follow the guidelines on the Wiki mainpage. Pay particular attention to the requirement to link it back to a page - no "orphans" allowed.

If you create a new Wiki page, let us know about it !

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Just one addition to Flano's excellent request - you should never 'sign' or 'written by' your article. This is wikipedia policy - the wiki keeps a record of everyone who enters, or edits, an article. And don't be afraid if you mess something up (I did just recently, in fact). Every time an article is stored, a revision log is also produced, so it can be reverted if need be. See the wiki user guide if you need help doing this.

If you have questions about how to proceed, that is what the wiki forum is for 73 Mike

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
For anyone who tried the Arizona Wiki page link and it didn't work, I corrected it. Try again :)

Thanks,

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
I've added the following Wiki to the U.S. Government in Arizona page:

U.S. Government (AZ) - The RadioReference Wiki

This concerns the National Interagency Fire Center's use of frequencies during the last wildfire season. It also explains how Command and TAC frequencies are derived.

Thanks to the submitter for this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.