Azle Fire on 154.0250

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA5ST

As of 05/30/2019 Azle Fire Dispatch is on 154.0250 - CTCSS 82.5.
I don’t know if this temporary or permanent, there is some P25 digital
but not enough to get the NAC.

Michael Stuart - AA5ST
Azle, Texas - Parker County

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
As of 05/30/2019 Azle Fire Dispatch is on 154.0250 - CTCSS 82.5.
I don’t know if this temporary or permanent, there is some P25 digital
but not enough to get the NAC.

Michael Stuart - AA5ST
154.025 is also the input frequency for Northwest ISD on 155.295. Odd that both are using it in the same general area.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
I've been picking up two unlisted Azle VHFfrequencies this last week that are the same exact traffic as their Channel 1 and Channel 2 which seem to be patched together.

On one frequency I checked on SDR scanners and it was also being heard.

I don't have the frequencies in memory right now. But neither one was using a PL tone and it was analog traffic I was hearing.

The SDR receivers have a tendency to somehow, on the wrong frequency of course, mirror or be an image of a frequency within 1 MHz + / - of the actual frequency. In other words they pass false transmissions sometimes within 1 MHz of the accurate, actual frequency. I'm going to check on just a regular conventional scanner or two and make sure that I'm receiving the same traffic on the analog scanners that I'm hearing on what the SDR scanners display. Hazel is not listed in the FCC database on these two questionable frequencies I've been hearing them on.

I think one of the frequencies might be 154.4975 and of course that is within 1 MHz of their 155.310. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone else receives them on the 154 frequency.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sent using Google Voice to Text. Please excuse any errors I could not see or catch.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
The P25 user on the frequency I'm picking up tonight is Rockport Police using NAC 403. At least it matches up with RadioReference database entries and the skip / ducting has been really good over the last month. I've been picking up digital users this far away and even further some nights. It's definitely a law enforcement agency and some of the transmissions I don't get either in Lake Worth. There still could be a closer digital user on the frequency but this is what I'm hearing tonight.

I have been hearing Azle on it all night with their analog traffic with 51/52. Thanks for the report on this one Michael.

Sent using Google Voice to Text. Please excuse any errors I could not see or catch.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

racehorse5000

Azle Fire Department is licensed for both 154.055 as ch1 and 154.025 as ch2 . They can use either channel in digital P25 or analog modes.
Tarrant County Fire Alarm has been having problems with the dispatch radio on ch1 . They have switched the dispatch to ch2. Most of Azle Fire Departments radios will do P25 but the station alert radio is analog. The repeater is a Motorola Quantar P25 radio. Briar-Reno and some of Parker County Fire Departments have Azle FD channel ch1 and ch2 in their radios . As an interesting note, the Briar-Reno Fire Department paid for and installed the repeater for Azle Fire Department ch2 to improve Azle's communication system. Azle Fire Department has had bad communications problems for quite a long time until now.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Azle Fire Department is licensed for both 154.055 as ch1 and 154.025 as ch2 . They can use either channel in digital P25 or analog modes.
Tarrant County Fire Alarm has been having problems with the dispatch radio on ch1 . They have switched the dispatch to ch2. Most of Azle Fire Departments radios will do P25 but the station alert radio is analog. The repeater is a Motorola Quantar P25 radio. Briar-Reno and some of Parker County Fire Departments have Azle FD channel ch1 and ch2 in their radios . As an interesting note, the Briar-Reno Fire Department paid for and installed the repeater for Azle Fire Department ch2 to improve Azle's communication system. Azle Fire Department has had bad communications problems for quite a long time until now.
There was just talk this last week with the Fort Worth City Council about Azle getting on the FWRSS. Last year Azle Police posted a Facebook thread showing a new tower being put up for them in regards to getting on the Fort Worth system. I hope it helps with the coverage here in Lake Worth where I am. There are a few dead spots and around the same time, October last year, of Azle Facebook post Layer 2 started coming in horribly. It's gotten a little bit better but it still doesn't come in near as well as Layer 1 does. I'm hoping when this new tower or site is erected and complete it will improve reception in the Northwest part of the county. I've been noticing also that some of these agencies out this way like Sansom Park and River Oaks have been complaining over the air about reception issues. I guess time will tell... :)

Brian (COMMSCAN)

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
I noticed last night that Azle changed their PD 1 input frequency PL tone. 156.21 or 156.24, I can't remember which one it is by memory right now, went from 77.0 to 131.8 recently. Of course this isn't a frequency I usually monitor but as I was searching the VHF public safety frequencies last night I came across it again and notice the PL had changed. I never have been able to confirm the input frequency PL tone or even the frequency for their PD Channel 2. The RadioReference listed frequency I do not believe is correct. And I'm still not sure why they have had their PD channel 1 and channel 2 patch together and coming across on the channel 1 frequency for so long now? I know this day were having some serious radio problems back last year with the police and fire frequencies and I had heard that their antenna(s) had either fallen or had some sort of problems. I don't know for sure with the real issue was but I was having problems hearing them just a few miles away you here in Lake Worth for a little while.

By the way, does anyone know is Pelican Bay Police Department is still operating on Sansom Park Police Department talkgroups? I realized a week or two ago that I have not been hearing them lately on the Sansom Park talkgroup. They have historically been famous for changing frequencies and being dispatched by numerous agencies in the area. Remember back a few years ago when they had that very short-lived LTR system frequency they worked off of? Between Pelican Bay and Lakeside, I don't know who has done more frequency changing and being dispatched by changing? :)

And on a side note, a friend of mine told me that about a week ago he heard Blue Mound PD using there 453.6375 frequency again. They had / have their 453.6375 / 7375 frequencies for a while but I have not heard them use those in a long time.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the typos that Google is changing / creating after I proofread a message and send it. I have to use it with my vision but I I try to proofread and make sure things are correct what is my prescription magnifying glass before posting the message. I know that I had the last message correct but Google voice to text goes through stages where it will change words even after proofreading is done and then after the message is sent sometimes also. So there's not much I can do about it when it changes words after sending a message. It's very aggravating to say the least [emoji848]

Brian (COMMSCAN)

racehorse5000

Blue Mound PD is still on their UHF channel but they are P25 and sometimes encrypted. Blue mound FD is now on FWRSS full time.

Pelican Bay is on Samson Park FWRSS system

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
Blue Mound PD is still on their UHF channel but they are P25 and sometimes encrypted. Blue mound FD is now on FWRSS full time.

What is Blue Mound's TGIDs? I don't recall seeing those on the database?

Also, has anyone heard any talk about Benbrook, Eagle Mountain, Haslet or any other TCFD cities still on analog moving to the FWRRS? Sooner or later they will be left behind in the dust..

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
What is Blue Mound's TGIDs? I don't recall seeing those on the database? Have been wondering why I haven't heard Blue Mound FD

Also, has anyone heard any talk about Benbrook, Eagle Mountain, Haslet or any other TCFD cities still on analog moving to the FWRRS? Sooner or later they will be left behind in the dust..

letarotor

Premium Subscriber

I'm guessing Blue Mound Fire Department is dispatched by Saginaw Fire Department then? I have a friend who works for TCFA and I had asked him a question about Blue Mound last year. It was my impression that they do have their own fire department but that they probably don't have their own talkgroup on the Fort Worth system. Any idea if this is the case? And thanks for the info.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Someone had asked about Benbrook, Eagle Mountain, and Haslet. I know that Benbrook is planning on eventually getting on the Fort Worth system and even Everman has already done so. But as far as Eagle Mountain and Haslet goes, I really don't know about that? I've had that same question myself.

There has even been talk with the city council about White Settlement possibly joining the system. But I don't know how much has been done or if this is even going to be done. I know that White Settlement was having to use the Fort Worth system for a little while last year when they were having some radio issues on their system. They used it for a good few weeks to maybe a month. But then they got back on their own TRS and everything has been seemingly working fine since. White Settlement has been on the FWRRS interoperability channels for a long time. But just even a week ago they were having issues with that and we're unable to hear Fort Worth trying to reach them. I actually talked with a dispatcher I have gotten to know at White Settlement and was told that they were not sure why they were not receiving the interoperability traffic anymore but they were aware of it. It was supposed to be getting looked at this last week. I haven't heard any radio testing done but I also haven't been able to listen for it as much as I would like to have.

I imagined before all is said and done that all of the Tarrant County law and fire agencies will probably be on the FWRSS. That's just my guess and I don't have any facts to back it up though.

One thing I find interesting is that I am finally starting to hear some of the local FWRRS users learning to use their radios and communicate with each other. I even heard a Lake Worth officer come up on the Tarrant County Sheriff's dispatch channel the other day when there was a bad traffic accident on Highway 199. For a while you could tell that the various fire departments had no clue as to how they were going to communicate whenever they had a mutual aid incident. So they were reverting back to their UHF radios which they still have do many times if somebody like Azle or Eagle Mountain is responding. But I've heard River Oaks, Sansom Park, and Lake Worth coming up on each other's channels including some of the law enforcement users as well. I'm glad to hear that they are figuring it out and that they have the capability to do this like they use to on their UHF setups in the past. Ironically, it still sounds like when there is a Saginaw incident they usually have two go to a UHF channel still. And even when CareFlite was responding to that Highway 199 major MVA the other day they weren't really sure how to talk to them. Lake Worth went to their UHF channel to reach them but the city of Fort Worth had reportedly already contacted them according to the Lake Worth Fire dispatch. I'm still not sure how they would have handled the helicopter landing is it had done so but I imagine it would have been on the UHF frequency. I never did hear the helicopter come up on the Lake Worth UHF frequency though and they got flags off by the ground units in the end. So there's still some learning and training left to be done obviously. And the interoperability channels on the Fort Worth system seemed like the best option for Mutual Aid purposes but I really haven't heard them getting used much out in Northwest Tarrant County yet with the new cities on the system and their fire departments. I've barely heard them getting used with the police departments.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

AA5ST

I have a question for the group. Does anyone know if Azle is
going to put up a FWRRS Site on their 190 foot tower when they
move to FWRRS System or use existing FWRRS sites they have now?

I haven’t heard, for sure, exactly what their plans are when
they move to the FWRRS System in October as far as coverage goes.

Thanks in advance

Michael Stuart - AA5ST

racehorse5000

I have a question for the group. Does anyone know if Azle is
going to put up a FWRRS Site on their 190 foot tower when they
move to FWRRS System or use existing FWRRS sites they have now?

I haven’t heard, for sure, exactly what their plans are when
they move to the FWRRS System in October as far as coverage goes.

Thanks in advance

Michael Stuart - AA5ST

I was told that the 190 foot tower was for a high speed data link between Fort Worth, Texas and Azle, Texas for the FWRRS system.

The tower will also be used for the VHF fire and police channels.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone heard any testing that sound like they may belong to Azle as of yet? It was mentioned that they might be switching over next month. Has anyone found any frequencies for a new site?

Harold

Premium Subscriber
Hearing Chief 49 testing on analogue and on Talkgroup 7700 on Layer 2 of the FWRRS.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
I believe "49" is Briar-Reno, but I imagine Eagle Mtn. and Azle will be in the same neighborhood. I hope they clean up the audio on 7700. It sounds horrible sometimes(especially from Tarrant County Fire Alarm, maybe too much mic or something, or maybe a patch to conventional). It's sounding better today than a few days ago.

Haslet has been testing on Fire 1(7690), Fire 2, (7692), Fire 3 (7694), Fire 4 (7696), and Fire 5 (7696) on Layer 2 as well.
Happy Scanning,
Ben

Hearing Chief 49 testing on analogue and on Talkgroup 7700 on Layer 2 of the FWRRS.

Last edited:

AA5ST

Yes it was Briar/Reno Fire they were testing 800 Digital radios
patched to their VHF channel 151.0625 pl 100.0 and calling it
Fire 2, they were testing on their other fire channel 154.4300
pl 100.0 but never id it, I’m guessing it was Fire 1 since it’s
their main channel. They were range testing 800 Digital radios
that we know now was on FWRRS.

FWIW I cannot pick up FWRRS from my location in Azle with or
without my 50 foot tower, I guess it time to save up for a
new scanner.

Michael Stuart - AA5ST