Azle, Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppafred

Anyone know where Axle, TX PD and FD are these days?

Came down for a visit with my daughter and the old analog frequencies are dead. Did not see a listing for them in the Ft Worth / Tarrant system, same with the Tarrant Regional system.

A RR database search didn't offer any clues so I will try the FCC database later today. Help of any kind would be appreciated.

nd5y

I haven't been there for several years so I don't know for certain if anything changed.
Are you using tone decode? Turn it off and see if they changed tones or went to P25.
They have several more frequencies licensed than what is in the database. Check the FCC license data.
Check the city council agendas and minutes and see if there is anything about new radios or agreements to use somebody else's system.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
FCC DB

Anyone know where Axle, TX PD and FD are these days?

Came down for a visit with my daughter and the old analog frequencies are dead. Did not see a listing for them in the Ft Worth / Tarrant system, same with the Tarrant Regional system.

A RR database search didn't offer any clues so I will try the FCC database later today. Help of any kind would be appreciated.

I am seeing some frequencies here that are not listed in the RR DB. WPEN433 (AZLE, CITY OF) FCC Callsign Details

I did not see where they've joined the FW Regional P25 system. But, that system is currently in transition. I looked & could not find any digital activity regarding conventional frequencies.

jasday

The listings in the DB are still accurate for Azle FD as I heard FD get their wake up tones this morning.

poppafred

Found my problem.

I am literally sitting under the antennas! They are on a water tower and I am less than 100 yards from the tower base. Attenuated my incoming signals and everything seems to be working just fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.