AzWins TG-2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb7kfc

Premium Subscriber
I caught Talk Group 2000 via search talk groups i don't have any info on it. Any body know who or what? I heard it on the South Mountain site.
It sounded like Law Enforcement in Nature. Time was around 12:25PM.

John

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
Heard that too, was just searching to see if I could find who it was. What I heard sounded like an ATL for a vehicle, not a dispatcher but possibly a officer in the field. Didn't hear a dispatcher response thou.

KB7MIB

I've caught TG's 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, all encrypted, in the past. I've never heard clear voice on any of them.

I'll have to unlock them again to see if there's any other clear voice activity on them.

John
Peoria

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
It was a brief transmission and all I heard was the what sounded like a unit in the field, no response heard from dispatch. It may be a partially encrypted talkgroup as a few in Lapaz County are.

KB7MIB

In La Paz County, the standard seems to be the mobile/portable radios are encrypted, and the base is in the clear. This would seem to be an anomaly if it was a field unit that was in the clear.

John
Peoria

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
In La Paz County, the standard seems to be the mobile/portable radios are encrypted, and the base is in the clear. This would seem to be an anomaly if it was a field unit that was in the clear.

John
Peoria

I can't confirm that it was actually a unit in the field, it just sounded that way but I could be mistaken. Will have to wait and see if they pop up again on a nearby site and get more info.

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
This sounds like a patch or a talkgroup for units in the field across agencies from local to federal for immigration patrols??

clareconley

Premium Subscriber
I think it is an interagency channel. South Komelik, the location mentioned, is near the border in Pima County. The speaker mentioned 860. It's been a while, but 860 was the call sign for the Tucson Sector of the Border Patrol when you could monitor the Border Patrol here in Tucson. It also mentioned FR-19 which could be I-19 which is to the East of South Komelik, but this could all be conjecture on my part. I have also heard this Talk Group here, but no luck on figuring it out yet.

DanRollman

Database Admin
I think it is an interagency channel. South Komelik, the location mentioned, is near the border in Pima County. The speaker mentioned 860. It's been a while, but 860 was the call sign for the Tucson Sector of the Border Patrol when you could monitor the Border Patrol here in Tucson. It also mentioned FR-19 which could be I-19 which is to the East of South Komelik, but this could all be conjecture on my part. I have also heard this Talk Group here, but no luck on figuring it out yet.

Also mentioned "TOPD receiving a report of a suspicious vehicle on FR19". Looking at the map, FR19 is a road in/out of Sells, which of course is patrolled by TOPD. Other recordings mentioned AZ-286, which is in that area also. Referred to "agents" which could be Border Patrol or BIA. I'm guessing some sort of patch between Tohono O'Odham PD, BIA and border patrol.

clareconley

Premium Subscriber
That sounds right. I was thinking the Border Patrol was talking, but could not figure out who was listening. The agencies you mention must be them. Thanks.

clareconley

Premium Subscriber
This morning TG 2000 was active again. I heard the same transmission twice. A female voice requested any unit respond to Hwy 86, MP 74 behind the service station for some UDA's. After the first transmission she ended the call with 860. I heard no acknowledgements of the transmissions by any unit. I did not get a unit ID. The location mentioned is on the Tohono o' Odham Nation east of Why AZ. To me this has to be the Border Patrol talking on this system.

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
860 is Yuma Dispatch CBP

They would take over for Indio dispatch & I remember that ID.

The 166.850 is part of CBP VS-5 system. They often mention CBP West, I'm guessing Yuma Dispatch covers Yuma, LA Paz & southern Maricopa County by Ajo?

CBP Air 4 would get dispatch for helo help agent on VS5. They also take SAR calls in deserts normal hikers.

2 above Also part of VS5. They seem ENC while 166.850 is 50% ENC.

apco25

Batlabs OG
Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station, Antarctica
NO - 860 is BP Tucson Sector Communications Dispatch, NOT YUMA specific and NOT CBP. There is a difference.

860 is Yuma Dispatch CBP

They would take over for Indio dispatch & I remember that ID.

The 166.850 is part of CBP VS-5 system. They often mention CBP West, I'm guessing Yuma Dispatch covers Yuma, LA Paz & southern Maricopa County by Ajo?

CBP Air 4 would get dispatch for helo help agent on VS5. They also take SAR calls in deserts normal hikers.

2 above Also part of VS5. They seem ENC while 166.850 is 50% ENC.

Status
Not open for further replies.