B&E Suspect Captured By RR Listener

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Birdies?

I actually work for the company that programms and services radio systems for 8 counties in northwest ohio. They all know me pretty well. And never typically bother me. I always get waves from everyone. I myself am an amature radio operator and assist in ARES as well as Hears (hancock emergency amature radio service) And run on skywarn. Most of the LEO's know me from working scenes. But yeah I have about 6 antennas on my truck and since I program the radios they all hear my voice. Now I can just key up on a mutual aid channel and be an extra set of eyes if need be. But yes, Ironically the dispatcher had no clue that you could listen to cordless phones with a scanner, apparently nether did the pd unit who had the scanner. I told him after seeing him at a later time that baby monitors use the same freq's as cordless phones. Another interesting tip is that most... And I stress the word MOST of the 2.4ghz and higher phones still tx a birdie freq in the 900mhz range. So it don't matter how high the GHZ on the phones are, they are still using 900mhz freq's. So I am sure that all the detetives around are using scanners to do steakouts for drug raids... you would be surprised in the volume of people who are completely oblivious to the fact that their convorsations can be tracked with no modifications needed to the scanners. Most drug dealers have kids, and have baby monitors and have no clue they are essentially bugging their own houses.... Gotta love technology!!

Well, I did not know that cordless phones in the GHZ were able to monitored in the 900 range. I know about baby monitors.

Skywarn training tends to bring the two together, LE and citizens. I've attended several training sessions in central Texas, basic & advanced.

Iron Triangle Ohio... otherweise known as Fostoria
Yep the phones still tx in the 923-928mhz range. If memory serves me right those are the frequencies that the base unit run on. But yeah.... If you scan those banks you will pick up cordless. And skywarn is fun. Im active in some red cross opps too. Good way to help out the community and get to know PS officials.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Spread Spectrum?

Yep the phones still tx in the 923-928mhz range. If memory serves me right those are the frequencies that the base unit run on. But yeah.... If you scan those banks you will pick up cordless. And skywarn is fun. Im active in some red cross opps too. Good way to help out the community and get to know PS officials.

Interesting. I was under the assumption that my cordless phone was digital. Are you saying that it is possible to hear cordless transmissions equipped with Spread Spectrum technology?

When I have purchased digital cordless phones, I have been selective in my purchases. I look for Spread Spectrum features.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
When V Tech and Radio Shack first came out with the spread spectrum phones I can confirm there was no way to monitor them on a scanner. What disapointed me was when Panasonic came out with the 2.4 GHz phones the handsets still transmitted analog in the 900 Mhz band. Thay may be the case with other brands. I was of the opinion that had been rectified in newer models. There are still quite a few of the old models in use I'm sure.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Yep the phones still tx in the 923-928mhz range. If memory serves me right those are the frequencies that the base unit run on.

Negative, not unless it's a fairly old unit. Modern cordless phones RX/TX exclusively in one of three bands: 1.9 GHz (DECT 6.0), 2.4 GHz or 5.8 GHz.

Right from the manual of the VTech phone system I currently own:

Transmit frequency
Handset: 1921.536-1928.448 MHZ
Telephone base: 1921.536-1928.448 MHZ
Channels: 5

You can also look up the FCC ID to determine exactly what frequencies the unit is using. The FCC ID sticker is usually located on the back or bottom of the cordless base. Look it up on this site.

OET -- FCC ID Search

Iron Triangle Ohio... otherweise known as Fostoria
I just know that I was able to monitor communications when someone was using a GHZ cordless phone. The panasonics I have run on 2.4ghz and I scanned to test and make sure that they were unable to scan... and I got nothing. I think it has more to do with the manufacture. I am sure the high priced ones are unable to be monitored but the cheaper models I was able to listen to. It's been a while since I have scanned phones so I am sure that now there are plenty of models that can't be scanned. Still never hurts to try.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Audio/video stream recording forums

This website might have info about saving the news video. But it does not seem to have a search function.

So far I have read that - 100% of Internet video streams are downloadable - downloading for personal use seems to be legal - sometimes it takes some work to figure out the URL of a video stream before it can be downloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.